Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 329 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi, everyone! I'm back with another game. Well, a part of it at least. I developed it on and off starting this summer and now it's in a state where I can release it to public. It's (yet another) bouncing ball game, but I added some new elements to it. First, the controls - you roll left and right by tilting the device (if you don't like this, press O on keyboard to toggle on-screen arrow keys), but you jump by dragging your finger across the screen. This way you both aim and control the distance of your jump. Not sure about the portals, I haven't seen them in such a game, but the idea sure isn't so original nowadays. Then, there's a rewind feature, somewhat like the one in Prince of Persia : Sands of Time. If you missed a star (you have to collect them all to finish a level) or anything else, you can rewind last 5 seconds of gameplay, and resume playing from that point in time. Less restarts and less frustration, which I hope is a good thing for a mobile game. Besides the usual acceleration tiles, you also have one-way tiles (blue) and that's pretty much it. The main big feature is the integrated editor. You can make your own levels and play them. The thing is - you can't still share them. That part is in active development, and we hope to finish it soon. You'll be able to upload your levels directly from the editor to our servers and also browse for other people's levels and play them with just a tap or two. So if you're feeling creative, make your levels now and save them, and when the online system is complete, you'll be able to upload them. Android and desktop Windows/Linux versions are coming soon and will all be compatible, just like Reverstris. Ok, this was a bit of a ramble, I hope I mentioned everything relevant Here are some screenshots and a download link :

DOWNLOAD (click me, direct download link, updated 27.12.2011.)

Actually haven't tried installing it through Application Manager, but this works for me :
Code:
sudo dpkg -i red-roll_2.01_armel.deb
sudo apt-get -f install
Also, I know the physics/collision can get a little glitchy around corners, but if you find any more bugs, please let me know. Thanks, I hope you have fun

Last edited by TheBurek; 2011-12-27 at 01:13. Reason: Link at our site

The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
your very skilled.. interesting idea... could be the next tetris!

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Is it a kind of boune (The one in the old nokias???)
If so, then I love the concept.
Where is the download link, or is it in App catalogs???

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Is it a kind of boune (The one in the old nokias???)
If so, then I love the concept.
Where is the download link, or is it in App catalogs???
Yup, it's quite a rip-off of Bounde The download link is below the last screenshot, I made it a bit bigger now. I still have no clue how to put something in the official repositories, so that'll have to wait for now.

Of course it is Open Source, yep? Source is available from garage?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Of course it is Open Source, yep? Source is available from garage?
No, it is not. I wrote the source and I'm not planning to release it for various reasons. Maybe the "engine" part one day, but not the whole game.

So, how many people successfuly installed it? Played? Used the editor? Any thoughts?

Thanks for answer. I think you may want to add information about license somewhere in the first post - preferably, somewhere early - this will save You questions like mine, and will save time of people like me, who couldn't care less for closed source games on N900.

Just suggestion.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Well... you're welcome. Anyone enjoying the game despite it being closed-source?

The Following User Says Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
It's a bit like Rock'n'Roll, isn't it? Loved that game.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
It's a bit like Rock'n'Roll, isn't it? Loved that game.
Yup, something like that Tried this one yet?