Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Take a step back and tell me what you see:

http://nokiamob.me/wp-content/upload...Jolla-CEOs.jpg

I see evolution. CEO BETA. CEO 1.0. CEO 1.1[HOTFIX]...

Same here:
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3650...1-29_1306o.jpg

and here:
http://s18.postimg.org/jv3dfsi8p/batman_legacy.jpg

Evolution and change is Great!
At first glance, Dave, I thought it was your famous phone line-up collecting dust. But, it isn't, what a pity!

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

Last edited by xanderx; 2014-03-11 at 21:57.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
At first glance, Dave, I thought it was your famous phone line-up collecting dust. But, it isn't, what a pity!
I wish!
I dont have the old ones from 1963. My phones are famous?

Did you also thought jolla CEO is the new batman at first glance?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-11 at 22:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
To be honest, at this point I don't think ANY CEO exists. Whatever job he might do, it is just intangible to Jolla user-base. For this kind of jobs we need kinda Jobs, to brainwash people.

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xanderx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Sigh, I'm a sad panda again now, I really don't know if they can improve things "enough", soon enough.
N.B. I'm only going by other folks observations, 0 interest in getting it until they show interest in Australia, or at least the SEA/Oceania regions.
The truth is if we do not help them now, then they will never make it, and we will never get the device that we want. The phone is not perfect, but the OS has a good potential, and they are in a critical path right now.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ BeiJing China
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
The truth is if we do not help them now, then they will never make it, and we will never get the device that we want. The phone is not perfect, but the OS has a good potential, and they are in a critical path right now.
That's what I want to say.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fullauto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Sigh, I'm a sad panda again now, I really don't know if they can improve things "enough", soon enough.
N.B. I'm only going by other folks observations, 0 interest in getting it until they show interest in Australia, or at least the SEA/Oceania regions.
I have sympathy with your position. Jolla are totally ignoring my region too. However, due to my rational thought and not-so-rational feelings about what Jolla are trying to accomplish - and the lack of an alternative "next device" after my N9 - I overcame my sense of disappointment about Canada being ignored and am now firmly locked in a love/hate relationship with my Jolla device, and waiting for the update(s).

€400 is a lot of money, but if we put that to one side for a moment...

You're in the same boat as me. Jolla aren't going to be showing interest in Australia. You can be fairly certain that a Jolla popup store isn't suddenly going to appear on Pitt St or at the Bourke St Mall, so what would it take to persuade you to buy the device?

As others have noted: if we don't support them now, who will? Why even show interest at all?

Sincere question.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Impatient obvservation: it's Wednesday, and while I am currently struggling with my first coffee and deciding what work I will accomplish today, it is already after lunchtime in Finland. That means that it is no longer "early this week", so those rumours we saw last week about the 1.0.4.x update coming "early next week" didn't pan out.

I suppose it's called the bleeding edge for a reason: I keep veering between "this OS is so elegant - I can't go back to buttons!" and "what the hell is wrong with the damn thing now?"

Latest adventure: intermittent failure of swipe-from-side to take me back to the running apps view. Issue persists across reboots, but not yet sure what triggers it. For a workaround, I have to press power button to turn screen off, press again to turn on (double tap also not worklng at that point?) and then swipe down from the lock screen. Reboot seems to fix it, but then it comes back (something to do with the browser, I think, but still figuring it out). Gnaargh.

Yes, I know what my previous post was about, and admittedly this last paragraph was hardly a sales pitch for the Jolla, but hey - it's a "love/hate relationship", remember?

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
At one time I could trace the failure of the side-swipe to the wifi-connection. When I turned Wifi off, the swipe started working again. (That was before I started to turn Wifi off every time I leave the house.)

It might be something completely different that causes this, but that one time it seemed like it was because of the Wifi connection going haywire.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ozymandias For This Useful Post:
Oh, fun fact: Today my Jolla suddenly decided to work really well... When I activated Wifi a couple of hours back (had forgotten to turn it back on when coming home yesterday) it gave me some notifications, and now it always gives me the facebook notifications and messages (from the android app) as soon as I see them on my PC. Before, it sometimes took hours to get the notifications.

Oh well... always something new

The Following User Says Thank You to Ozymandias For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Impatient obvservation: it's Wednesday, and while I am currently struggling with my first coffee and deciding what work I will accomplish today, it is already after lunchtime in Finland. That means that it is no longer "early this week", so those rumours we saw last week about the 1.0.4.x update coming "early next week" didn't pan out.
I feel your pain. I spat out my dummy a few pages back when the update moved to this week when all inference was that it would be in the first week of March. I had a rant because I care, and my Jolla stopped being useful as a phone when connection errors dominated my screen. I was told to "man up" and accused of "knowing nothing about software development". I am no developer but have managed many IT and Mobile projects and one key project management essential is to manage your users/customers expectations.

Yes it seems churlish to complain about a delay when we all know how big Jolla is. But I want it to succeed and I have plenty of people in my office (IT) interested in my Jolla, telling them a new update is coming soon is just embarrassing when it is now, admitedly in my eyes, nearly 3 weeks late.

Another thing is releasing updates on a Friday, that is, and always has been a big no no in IT companies i have and do work for.

I do all this whilst trying to ignore and forget that I still have a crack in my screen and the bill to fix it is more than a 2nd hand Jolla

Currently using my N9 as daily phone along with N900 for work and they are both so slow in comparison to my working Jolla. I want it working again!

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"