Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Oh dear. Why you didn't try e.g. ubuntu live-cd. Iīm pretty sure that it works like a charm.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
Am trying to flash to PR1.3 and also for the first time flash the emmc on a mac using the console and following commands...

sudo /usr/bin/flasher-3.5 -F /Users/user/Desktop/RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f

This stage works as it should (without booting back up obviously) but how do i flash the emmc also? At this stage the phone stays in the greyed out mode. I read that i shouldnt reboot between flashing the fiasco image and the emmc?
Yes it shouldnīt boot because you didnīt put "-R" option in the end of command. And itīs right thing to do if you want to flash emmc (home dir which includes all your personal stuff)

Btw. Thatīs the old image file.

Can anyone see anything wrong with the following command that i am using to try to flash the emmc?

sudo /usr/bin/flasher-3.5 -F /Users/user/Desktop/RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM -f -R
Does it give you any error? Only thing that I see is that filename doesnīt have .bin in the end. I would recommend that when ever you are writing commands in console please use tab autocompletion (I dunno if it works in osx) so that you do not make typos.

I just flashed 1.3 but I couldn't flash eMMC,

I can use my phone and everything seems fine besides showing 76.3 MB available for applications,

Is it OK if i dont flash eMMC?

If not can i flash eMMC directly without flashing firmware again?