Notices

Hi,

i just got my new N900 and have already spent half of the evenening trying to get ICQ working on it. I have already read [1] but unfortunately, downgrading does not work either. It does not matter which version i try, it either says Version ... for purple-extra-protocols was not found or it says i have already the newest version. Does any of you know the problem and can help me out?

Regards,
Manziel

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...439#post461439

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
You could use a XMPP account with ICQ Transport.

The Following User Says Thank You to weißelstone For This Useful Post:
How would this work exactly?

Though, i would prefer to have real ICQ, not just a tunnel. I cant be the only one who has problems with it.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Maybe this has got something to do with it? Personally I'd try and get your contacts to switch away to another free and/or open messaging client and forget about ICQ which seams to be committing ritual suicide.

Might be, but I am not sure. I had some problems with pidgin logging in this week on my laptop but changing the login-server helped. My mobile however does not connect with the same settings. On the other hand, this might be the problem. Anyone here who had a working ICQ some days ago and has now problems?

And switching to another protocol...well, a good idea, but unfortunately even the best one will be useless as long as my friends stay on ICQ

I had the same problem. I have changed the connection server to login.icq.com and it helped.

Originally Posted by smbl View Post
I had the same problem. I have changed the connection server to login.icq.com and it helped.
This is what i meant by the changing the server on my laptop. But on my mobile i have already changed to this server and it still wont connect

Just to keep you up to date, i finally got it working by installing the version from extras devel
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel