Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post
they do have clamAV anit-virus for linux
Well they do have a lot of Antivirus for Macintosh too. But did Mac ever get a virus that may harm the OS? The answer is NO..There are a few trojan and virus but No never going to effect the OS, why? because the OS is very strictly protected via software update.
Unix and Linux is very secure and hardly anyone would want to write a code to destroy the OS like they did on windows.

Why because everyone love Linux OS , well Mac by far one of the secure none free OS out there. Windows has a lot of haters and loop holes.

Linux loop hole will be fix in the next update, this is the point of OpenSource. If one found it, they can contribute and stop it.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-02-21 at 07:13.

I have A/V (KlamAV) on my Linux desktop machines to occasionally scan shared filesystems that Windows machines use... Purely so they don't get re-infected if there is a virus in there, not for the benefit of the Linux machines.

The Following User Says Thank You to rich c For This Useful Post:
I'm having an issue at the moment.I don't know if it's even concerned with virus.When i open the file manager in my nokia N900, there are two folders of the same kind; two "Audio Clips" folder,two "Camera", two "Documents","Images",etc. Not only the name and folder but also the contents are the same. Even though it's not much of a serious case,it's been bothering me for some time now. would there be some ways, I'd be appreciated to get it fixed. Thanks..

Originally Posted by Peterzin View Post
I'm having an issue at the moment.I don't know if it's even concerned with virus.When i open the file manager in my nokia N900, there are two folders of the same kind; two "Audio Clips" folder,two "Camera", two "Documents","Images",etc. Not only the name and folder but also the contents are the same. Even though it's not much of a serious case,it's been bothering me for some time now. would there be some ways, I'd be appreciated to get it fixed. Thanks..
Its a bug, i think its fixed in the upcoming PR1.2 firmware

Originally Posted by Peterzin View Post
I have some problem with peterzin....
if this bug, so how to delete it or make it normal again?

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by madskillz6 View Post
y i am asking this is,
When i connect my phone to Desktop thr PC Suite, hell lot of virus may enter my device so.....
so those virus's has no effect here?
I'm no virus expert, but it sounds like your PC is a virus colony.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Minnesota
Can I point out that Macs get viruses and there isn't much you can do about it!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by fizca09 View Post
I have some problem with peterzin....
if this bug, so how to delete it or make it normal again?
Please see "[Bug 5838] File manager shows double / duplicate folders".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Please all remember that virus protection isn't just about infection, it is also about transmission.

So lets say you are sent an infected document, you open it, read the joke, laugh how funny it is, and send it on to your grandmother.

You did all this on your n900 so you are completely safe. Your grandmother on the other hand is running Windows XP, doesn't know what AV is or windows updates, and trusts you implicitly.

She opens the same document, finds it funny too, but then her PC stops working because you sent her a virus.

I am not saying that the n900 needs av software, but anyone who doesn't consider transmission is part of the problem. This is why clamAV exists - not to stop viruses from infecting linux, but to stop viruses infecting Windows via linux.

Last edited by paulkoan; 2010-06-09 at 03:51. Reason: typo

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Why there are lot of virus for windows?

1st answer,
Cause Microsoft stole a lot of ideas and codes from a lot of people. Like what happened with windows 98 first edition .. stolen, taken from china and china bombs it one nite before release.

2nd answer.

Windows is the most commercial software in the world. If you worked for say HP and Dell was taking over the market or made some comments about HP business that made Dell look better than HP. The best way to get back to them if they cannot work for atleast a day. maybe lose all their data or emails are delayed ,etc. Then you will get a virus for windows and send it to Dell. Not because you hate windows nut because Dell uses Windows computers and you hate Dell.

3rd answer
Lost of codes are already available for windows viruses. so its easier build on from there.