Active Topics

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Guffaw View Post
Random girl asking if you can change from qwerty to another vkb layout for sms/messaging.
You could probably *make* one. They're just XML files.

Switching vkb is easy, just swipe left or right on the VKB itself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
What I mean is if there is some kind of locking like on Android where you unlock with pattern and Symbian with pincodes? If you leave the device for longer...
No pattern unlocking. You can set an alphanumeric code, you get the vkb to enter it with. You must use a code, actually, with some MfE providers like Google.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
To those who have a N9, could you please try playing this Simpsons trailer and see if you can get this playing 100% smoothly on your N9? Mine does not and so I just want to make sure mine isn't a dud. (Mine plays it at around 1 fps mostly and even fails to play sound after a while)

Simpsons Trailer (720p Main 5.1 H264 profile)
http://www.h264info.com/clips.html

Oh. Also try this 10000BC trailer which my N8 can play 100% perfectly.

10,000 B.C Trailer (720p High L4.1 H264 profile)
http://www.digital-digest.com/movies/10000BC.html

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-10-07 at 22:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
No pattern unlocking. You can set an alphanumeric code, you get the vkb to enter it with. You must use a code, actually, with some MfE providers like Google.
Wuut providers unlocking :O Do I misundestand when saying you must connect to Google/MfE server too unlock device :O

THAT I dont like....

Just wonder if this can be "replaced" by thirdparty "app" for example unlock with my NFC card or with the androids pattern unlocking UI... I guess not. Probadly closed source :-/

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Wuut providers unlocking :O Do I misundestand when saying you must connect to Google/MfE server too unlock device
It was also on iOS where if you hooked up to a MS Exchange server, or any server that allowed Exchange, you had to also pick a 4 (or more) digit unlock code. This was to add some security on that type of account and I believe they "require" it as part of the sync.

Just wonder if this can be "replaced" by thirdparty "app" for example unlock with my NFC card or with the androids pattern unlocking UI... I guess not. Probadly closed source
I have to agree that no pattern unlock is a strange omission that I hope gets resolved by either 3rd party or continued support and development from Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Wuut providers unlocking :O Do I misundestand when saying you must connect to Google/MfE server too unlock device :O

THAT I dont like....
No... and I have no idea how you got that impression :P Anyway: you set an alphanumeric code, and *that* is how you unlock it: by entering that code on the vkb. Some services on there will *require* you to set a lock code (and not allow you to unset it). MfE was one such example.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Does the case that comes with the phone interfere with your swiping at all from bottom to top or side to side?

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Does the case that comes with the phone interfere with your swiping at all from bottom to top or side to side?
No. It doesn't really affect it badly although it's not as good as when it's not put on.

BTW, How do you restore from Backup on the N9?? (i must be blind?)

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
dummy of the year question.

a new text message comes in, At the top status bar you can see part of it, just like android. If you click on it straight away it takes you to the message, but if you miss the period that it shows there... is there a quicker way to go to the message other than manually navigate to the messages screen, then open the message. On android, the status menu dropdown shows the message. an easier way to access an incoming message?

on the n900, you would simply go to the task switcher and it is there

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
To those who have a N9, could you please try playing this Simpsons trailer and see if you can get this playing 100% smoothly on your N9? Mine does not and so I just want to make sure mine isn't a dud. (Mine plays it at around 1 fps mostly and even fails to play sound after a while)

Simpsons Trailer (720p Main 5.1 H264 profile)
http://www.h264info.com/clips.html

Oh. Also try this 10000BC trailer which my N8 can play 100% perfectly.

10,000 B.C Trailer (720p High L4.1 H264 profile)
http://www.digital-digest.com/movies/10000BC.html
I seem to remember from your website shootspeak that the camera on your device may be a dud. Did you determine that already or is the N9 camera really worse than GSII?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.