Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
... I'm sure I've seen info on here on how to do this, but coming up blank...

Yes, I have succumbed to the huge slate-like beast that is the Galaxy note, missing lots if features from my n900 but it's looking like I'll be keeping it, so I'm going to need to copy all my stuff across..

I'm sure someone mentioned something about using google calendars to do this or something..

For those of you (I know there are a few of you) who also have the note and frequent the xda forums, I'm on there with the same username.

Ta!

I am guessing a Galaxy note is an android device If so, then the easiest way to get your contacts and calendar onto it is probably to install syncevolution onto your n900 and then sync it to your google account. I would backup your n900 data first just incase the sync goes in the wrong direction, but when I set up syncevolution on my n900 it asked me which direction I wanted to use for the first sync.

The Following User Says Thank You to af7567 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by af7567 View Post
I am guessing a Galaxy note is an android device If so, then the easiest way to get your contacts and calendar onto it is probably to install syncevolution onto your n900 and then sync it to your google account. I would backup your n900 data first just incase the sync goes in the wrong direction, but when I set up syncevolution on my n900 it asked me which direction I wanted to use for the first sync.
Yep, it's android.. Sweet, that sounds like what i need to do then, thanks!

(plus it's made me open the application installer app, which is quite a handy way of not feeling so bad about leaving the world of the N900 )

I actually got myself a cheap android tablet the other day to play around with But I haven't seen anything that I could replace my n900 with if/when I needed to. I would miss the keyboard too much

Ugh, can't install syncevolution, the .deb link has disappeared from the page itself, and for some reason if I try to enable extras-devel, all my repositories disappear...

Still like I say, it's making my switch over to the new device a lot more appealing, akin to splitting up with a girl and being upset, but then seeing her a while later and she's got a horrible haircut and all of a sudden you;re not so gutted.. Heheheh...

Originally Posted by af7567 View Post
I actually got myself a cheap android tablet the other day to play around with But I haven't seen anything that I could replace my n900 with if/when I needed to. I would miss the keyboard too much
Yeah, that's the bit I'm missing at the mo too... Forget walking and texting, it's impossible without tactile feedback..

Getting used to swype though, and I'm impressed with the voice recognition, although it relies on a wifi/data connection...

The thing I miss most is the cursor keys really, going to investigate a different keyboard which has them..., and ctrl-n to open new browser windows and new contacts etc, and ctrl-x,c,v