Notices

Would be really good if mahjong chucked up its scores to an online scoreboard.

...mind you if that happened I don't think my wife would stop until she 0wn3d the board!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'd love to see more online multiplayer games in general, but yeah, that would also be nice.

It really makes a difference to your motivation in playing a game, seeing yourself listed against other people; I even pushed myself in ps3 lemmings to try to get in the top 100... adds longevity and incentive. A quick win.

lol, my sis used to steal my tablet just so that she could play mahjong. After a while I started getting jealous so i started playing. And one thing me and my sis used to was play mahjong at the same time. I would use one stylus while she would use the extra stylus that come with the n800. About my scores I think I could beat each game in under 3.5 minutes. I updated my tablet so all the scores got deleted so i don't know about exact times.

Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
I find when I'm playing every once in a while I need to have my brain change what it's looking for. The yellow tiles especially, they may as well be invisible unless I consciously look for them. 3:12 on std.
lol, the same thing hapeens to me. Sometimes when I'm stuck, I'll just minimize mahjong and then open it up again. It helps me see a whole bunch of pieces that I would normally not see.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
i love that game (my scores can also show that...)

standard - 2:23
Lotus flower - 2:00
confounding cross - 2:57
pyramid's walls - 2:25
tic-tac-toe - 2:40
cloud - 2:30
red dragon - 2:29
four bridges - 2:43

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Erie, PA, USA
between my fiancee and i, every puzzle is sub-4:00 with the fastest being lotus at 3:09.

cannot win
Attached Images

That's strange!

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
That's strange!
Not really, you have multiple pairs of the some pieces. You have 4 or 6 IIRC of those in the image. Thus, if you match up the 'wrong' pair, you might end up blocking yourself, though usually not as explicitly as shown on the image

Also, Mahhjong can be a multiplayer game, in the same vein as frozen bubble is, for example. If you remove a pair, the other player 'gets' a pair on his board, or giving 'special powers' to certain tiles which makes it easier/harder for the opponent to find his pairs.