Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I just both 5,000 shares of nokia. It will be $20 in one year

Originally Posted by zymo View Post
it is micro-usb.

MHL:

MHL is connection agnostic (i.e., not tied to a specific type of hardware connector). The first implementations dual-purpose the most popular mobile connection (micro USB) and the most popular HDTV connection (HDMI). Other than the connectors being used, no USB nor HDMI technology is being used. It is exclusively MHL signalling through the connectors and over the cable. Other proprietary and custom connections are also allowed.
Forgive my ignorance but does that mean that even if the port is micro USB the n9 could use MHL signalling via a Micro USB - HDMI cable?

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by billybobjones View Post
Forgive my ignorance but does that mean that even if the port is micro USB the n9 could use MHL signalling via a Micro USB - HDMI cable?
yes, like samsung galaxy s2 does. BUT unfortunately the n9 doesn’t support MHL.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
yes, like samsung galaxy s2 does. BUT unfortunately the n9 doesn’t support MHL.
Sigh, awesome Nokia!

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
http://felipec.wordpress.com/2011/06...elop-on-meego/

a little worrying

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2011 @ /dev/ttyS0
For those missing the FM transmitter, most other phones don't have one either. So you could just get one of the many bluetooth fm transmitters available. I couldn't find one that supported NFC, but I'm sure those will come soon too.

Originally Posted by billybobjones View Post
Sigh, awesome Nokia!
nevertheless you got tv-out over AV (headphone jack) and there is the app nokia play to. kind of dlna.

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-play-to

The Following User Says Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
i think everyone should have a browse through here:
http://www.developer.nokia.com/swipe...g_started.html

I have to say i'm very impressed. They've really learned alot from previous mistakes and upped the game.

is anyone planning on developing for this? i've an idea for an integrated app which i wouldn't mind seeing, i'm not a developer and i've no time to learn.
i was very impressed with the docs available moments after launch, but they've had a lot of time to prepare those also...
my development tools also instantly updated, it can compile Qt programs to run on harmattan that were designed using the symbian and maemo 5 targets with like 2 clicks. I already tested that much, just need a developer device now

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by morbid View Post
For those missing the FM transmitter, most other phones don't have one either. So you could just get one of the many bluetooth fm transmitters available. I couldn't find one that supported NFC, but I'm sure those will come soon too.
or you can buy bluetooth speakers

nevertheless you got tv-out over AV (headphone jack) and there is the app nokia play to. kind of dlna.
Rather have an av out than a special port which is not compatible with standard usb. Seperate hdmi would have been nice, but If the quality of av is similar to hdmi out its ok.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland