Notices

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Dresden - Germany
Hi boys and girls,

I'm proud to announce that also another plugin will be included in the next big update: GoogleDrive

Some shots will follow later!

Hope you're happy to hear that!

What do we also need?!

AlphaX2
Attached Images

Last edited by AlphaX2; 2012-08-18 at 15:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlphaX2 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
SkyDrive anyone

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I have my own Gallery3 site, and found that it supports RESTful API. Could we get a plugin for that? I was thinking about writing one myself, but well, I need to learn how to program first!!

I don't sign up for any 'cloud' type services, I would rather run my own. Though I could create my own 'owncloud', I don't really need all the features it provides, and I already have a Gallery3 page up and running that I share with my friends, we upload funny photos or just random stuff we see to it.

Realistically all of this should go through the ShareUI, right? Not sure if that's where FotoShareN9 launches from though. Being able to click on a picture, then click the share icon and send it to my own Gallery would simply rule!

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
SkyDrive anyone
SkyDrive seems to be very difficult, because there is no (working) API libary for Python. :-/

But I will have a look for it!

AlphaX2

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
I have my own Gallery3 site, and found that it supports RESTful API. Could we get a plugin for that? I was thinking about writing one myself, but well, I need to learn how to program first!!

I don't sign up for any 'cloud' type services, I would rather run my own. Though I could create my own 'owncloud', I don't really need all the features it provides, and I already have a Gallery3 page up and running that I share with my friends, we upload funny photos or just random stuff we see to it.

Realistically all of this should go through the ShareUI, right? Not sure if that's where FotoShareN9 launches from though. Being able to click on a picture, then click the share icon and send it to my own Gallery would simply rule!

slaapliedje
FotoShareN9 uploads the pics directly in the moment they are shot. I don't know Gallery3 but will have a look - other protocols like ftp are not working?

WebDav Plugin for OwnCloud users is planed.

AlphaX2

I could probably set up an FTP server for it, but then I'd need some other method of displaying the picture, or my friends would have to open up FTP links in a browser. Not very pretty.

Anyhow, it's the RESTful API you'd want to be looking at. I guess there is quite a lot of software out there that would be using that for uploads.

There were a few articles on Nokia's site about it as well. I do like the idea of the auto upload though, but then with Gallery3, I think there's a public / private album thing you'd do, so there would almost need to be a prompt that asks.

I'll install it and see how it works with FTP or something (kind of been meaning to set up an FTP server for other things anyhow.

Thanks for looking into it.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Just a quick update, here's a way to use the RESTful API for the Maps using QtQuick.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...I_with_QtQuick

slaapliedje

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Since you're asking - is a Box plugin possible?

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Since you're asking - is a Box plugin possible?
Maybe it is, but not sure about it, could investigate it a bit.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaX2 For This Useful Post:
Hi people,

Short update:
Box.net and SkyDrive should be possible, but take some time.
Next step: bring FotoShare version 1.6.x in the Nokia Store QA.

EDIT: FotoShareN9 Update 1.6.1 is now in Nokia Store QA for review. In the next main update Box.net and SkyDrive should be included.

AlphaX2

Last edited by AlphaX2; 2012-08-19 at 19:49.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlphaX2 For This Useful Post: