So, of course now that I run it with logging it works OK!

rockwatch.py stopped responding when the update had installed but I just restarted Rockwatch and everything works again. Fonts have returned to normal and am running 1.12.1.

Thanks again for the app, loving my new toy.

The Following User Says Thank You to kombipom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by kombipom View Post
So, of course now that I run it with logging it works OK!

rockwatch.py stopped responding when the update had installed but I just restarted Rockwatch and everything works again. Fonts have returned to normal and am running 1.12.1.

Thanks again for the app, loving my new toy.
Great to hear that the firmware upgrade went okay, I did a bit of googling and it'd appear that similar things have happened when using the Android software to perform upgrades as well.

The firmware packages are made up of two components, the actual firmware binary and a resource package (containing icons, fonts, etc.). My best guess is that the resource package transferred correctly but the firmware binary didn't, so it still reported 1.10 but had the (incompatible) resources from 1.12.1, which is why it ended up with a fallback font (and presumably some missing icons?)

When I next get some time to work on Rockwatch I'll have another poke at the firmware install process and see if I can find a way to reliably repeat the issue and figure out what's going on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Btw, major Pebble update announced today, you can find the new libpebble in the beta 2.0 SDK.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Moonshot thought: what stops RW from being *the main* wearables SDK/implementation for MeeGo?

If the API for each device could be supported (person downloads RW for free w/Pebble support, pays nominal fee for API-packs for other wearable platforms), does that make for a logical means for apps that work with wearables (MeeRun, QZeeControl, etc) to play nicely w/RW?

If you will, instead of letting the legacy of MeeGo end with "not enough developer app support," how about "MeeGo remaining developers evolve towards integration on top of the platform?"

Just some thoughts (am considering the Polar Loop I'd like to see supported, as well as possibly getting a new Pebble and riding out however this particular device/platform might be developed)

Last edited by ARJWright; 2013-11-10 at 00:16.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Do you have plans on porting this app to Sailfish? Would be nice to have an own app for Sailfish as well. Of course, if Bluetooth is enabled for android layer one maybe can use the android app. There anyways would be an need for own Sailfish app.

Are you planning to work on N9 app still? Would be great to have notifocation from incoming call as well. Noticed that this is available in the Android version, if this helps.

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Do you have plans on porting this app to Sailfish? Would be nice to have an own app for Sailfish as well. Of course, if Bluetooth is enabled for android layer one maybe can use the android app. There anyways would be an need for own Sailfish app.
I'm hoping to make a version available for Sailfish. I've made a tentative port to PyQt5, but I can't do much more until my phone arrives.

Are you planning to work on N9 app still? Would be great to have notifocation from incoming call as well. Noticed that this is available in the Android version, if this helps.
I've looked into this but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to get notifications from the N9 as to when a call is coming in.

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Actually, there is using ContextProperty. I'll mail you some code that used to work for me, see if you can use it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
Actually, there is using ContextProperty. I'll mail you some code that used to work for me, see if you can use it
Oh, excellent, thanks .

Incoming call support now works (thanks to knobtviker):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOJX7pgAdY

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
Will the clock displays the name of the caller?

Tags
nokia n9, smart watch