Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco, California
Originally Posted by daddeddad View Post
D r o p b o x .
Dropbox doesn't have a public API yet however they say it's coming soon http://code.google.com/p/dropbox-api/. We'll add them ASAP

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pixelpipe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hossie View Post
So you would give them your Dropbox password for all your personal files? I mean I considered giving them my twitter password long enough. But Dropbox? No way.
I'd expect they'd use OAuth for the API so we'd never get your password, just a token and permission to write files on your behalf. We'll have to see what they release with their new APIs

Originally Posted by daddeddad View Post
It would be great to upload pics to dropbox using pixelpipe. since it is the only cloud-storage I use.
Do they have an email upload capability? You could setup a custom email Pipe that could upload files under 15MB. You can set a custom To address and even set the Senders address with an email Pipe if you hadn't noticed.

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
everytime i upload a photo to facebook - even though the folder name is the same, it creates a new folder.... so i now have 100+ folders on facebook photos... going to be a mare to tidy up
Log-in to pixelpipe.com and go to My Pipes, open your Facebook Pipe and re-authorize. This should fix the issue you're having with multiple folders. Also don't call the folder "Mobile Uploads" since that will often cause a conflict with FB's default folder for mobile uploads

Originally Posted by Hossie View Post
I'm a little bit confused about the plugins.

Why is there a pixelpipe upload service and several services-plugins? Does that mean, when uploading on "pixelpipe" it will send pictures to everything set to default (except when using tags) and when using a service it will send it to that service only? Does that mean when uploading to yfrog for example, it uploads a picture to yfrog and sends a tweet? What is the "twitter service"? Where does it upload the pictures to? Does it also tweet?

I'm a bit confused.
You are correct, the Pixelpipe plug-in uploads everywhere and the single service plug-ins just go to that service. We've found many users just want to upload to one service or don't understand Routing Tags so we offer both options.

And the Twitter service is using pi.pe (our service) as the destination. We support photo, video, audio, files & geo-location making it the most flexible option available.

I'm not sure how open Dropbox is but if I could upload pictures to my dropbox through pixelpipe that would be fantastic.

My dad has his own FTP server and while I was showing him some of the features of my new phone was wondering if I could automatucally backup the photos I was taking on vacation to the FTP server. I played around with pixelpipe a bit and it didn't look like it let me upload to a custom server, which would be a great feature.

We support custom FTP, E-Mail, Gallery & Blog servers as destinations. You can add your dad's FTP server here http://pixelpipe.com/destination/add/iana.ftp.

We even have a dedicated FTP plug-in available for the N900 in the Ovi Store. Enjoy!

The Following User Says Thank You to pixelpipe For This Useful Post:
Just wanna say thanks Pixelpipe! It's my go-to sharing tool on my N900, replacing the need to post things separately to a bunch of different places. Having PP integrated into the sharing accounts is super convenient.

The Following User Says Thank You to airjordan17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pixelpipe View Post
You are correct, the Pixelpipe plug-in uploads everywhere and the single service plug-ins just go to that service. We've found many users just want to upload to one service or don't understand Routing Tags so we offer both options.

And the Twitter service is using pi.pe (our service) as the destination. We support photo, video, audio, files & geo-location making it the most flexible option available.
Then it doesn't work. I installed the yfrog plugin, setup the account. When I upload picture with the yfrog-sharing-plugin, the picture shows up on my pixelpipe-Account but nothing more. As I read through google it seems that happens when you have no default destination and no tag. But I hoped I don't need to tag anything when I choose a specific plugin?

I now use the Pixelpipe-Plugin with tags, which seems better anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hossie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Originally Posted by pixelpipe View Post
We just wanted to let you all know that Pixelpipe is here and listening to your questions and suggestions. Please feel free to share your ideas on how we could improve our Maemo applications.

We're also in the process of opening our APIs to 3rd parties If you have or are developing an application that you'd like to enable for publish across the Social Web then tell us what you have in mind and we'll hook you up with access.
is there a way after you upload something, it shows you the upload link? so i can copy it and paste it for sharing.

also, when using dropbox, I want to upload to public folder, not in Dropbox/Public! I need to upload in Public foler to copy the link and share it with my colleges.