Notices

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I 'am happy now uboot is removed from the kernel package,
booting is more faster now. No more issues around booting problems

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
I am happy too, had the u-boot starting kernel problem for a week and was trying to reflash for 6 days, finally today I did, all my apps are still here, it was battery not enoug charged, and before I was writing a mistypo command on CMD window (Flasher) . My device is Rev 2204, should I uninstall my current Kernel Power? Or upgrade to v 46? I am afraid to brick my toy again. BTW my version was PR1.2 and v 10.2010 etc and now it is 20.2010 etc, but I did the comand flash kernel only on flasher, altough that I download the PR1.3 bin file latest release for usa. Any ideas and advices? I need overclock for psx4all emu . Thanks anybody.

My im accounts stopped working... anyone any headsup for this?

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pandora
Originally Posted by xtreemneo View Post
Ho, I did, But it still not giving me options.
I.E. I had this installed already even before posting here.

Do i have to manually reinstall using apt-get or what could be problem exactly?
Can anyone help me with this?

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
Would it be good for the future releases to include? a remark refering to specific HW version(s) that have been tested on? just my 2 cents

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
I upgraded to v46 today now my battery is draining sooo quick!

Was using v45 since it came out with no probs...

Will be 'downgrading' !!
anyone else have this problem??

edit: one plus I noticed with v46, you can access SD card and mass storage via PC even when its in use by n900 !!
with v45 you cannot, as I just downgraded and lost that functionality..

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-11-19 at 08:16.

One of the most significant problems with U-boot was the inability to charge the device while the U-boot screen was loaded. People who had problems loading a kernel, and for various reasons there were quiet a few (me included), ended up with a flat battery. This meant that they could not flash and unless they found an external method for charging, pretty much had a bricked device.

While I completely agree that stuff in Devel is there to try by the intrepid folk who want to learn the capabilities of their device and “Don’t fraid anything”, I think that the overclocking capability of the kernel has attracted far too many mainstream users that would struggle to recover from difficult situations like the one described above. I’d say Titan considered this and other factors before deciding to remove U-boot. V45 is still there for those who want to use it and know where to get it, and for those who don’t, and those that blindly install updates from devel; they now have a kernel that won’t cause them so many problems if they need to flash. I think it was good idea.

Personally, I’m sticking with V45 for the time being as I want to dick around with its multi-boot trickery, and I like Tux (the penguin). But I’ll also have a spare charged battery on hand for when I go too far and have to flash back.

The Following User Says Thank You to elipsoid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
edit: one plus I noticed with v46, you can access SD card and mass storage via PC even when its in use by n900 !!
with v45 you cannot, as I just downgraded and lost that functionality..
That may be a bug - very easy to corrupt a file system that way, that was why it is disabled normally - unless titan lists that as a feature, I'd stronlgy advise not trying to access memory from two seperate devices.

With v46 my sound completely disappeared. I even cannot make a phone call (i cannot hear the other person).
I just returned to the original kernel and it works again.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
titan-kernel-power46 removes u-boot and adds one enhancement (forgot what it is at the moment). BlessN900 and built-in camera still works. Sound works fine, at least with all the calls I received today (updated my kernel to power46 this morning).

Loved u-boot but understand why it was removed.

My question to the group is if it's possible to install the u-boot application found in the repos with power46 running... anyone knows or tried?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post: