Active Topics

Love my MacBookPro. Love the OS and the fact that it just works, sorry.

But that's about it, as I hate ipods for their bad sound quality, iphones for their toyish existence and Apple fanboys and the whole Apple religion for their ridiculously blind arrogance. The iPad reminds me somehow of the failed MacBook Air: It is kind of pretty, it is stylish, it is lightweight....and it's pointless as it is unsatisfactory in just about all areas it tries to cover, as if done on purpose. It may become temporarily the queen of all gadgets...but I can't see it ever leaving the toy market. No thread for N900 - in fact they are not even in the same game as this is clearly no smart phone nor a portable computer - it's a small laptop with no keyboard and no lid - NIGHTMARE! However, someone's mentioned it earlier, let's see what the new iPhone will be like. I'll be nice...no doubt...Nokia, please please don't p*ss us off by making M6 non compatible with N900!!

Last edited by Thats it!; 2010-01-27 at 20:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thats it! For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
With Steve growing older, his gadgets also need to get bigger with larger screen. It's logical development. *g*

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
With Steve growing older, his gadgets also need to get bigger with larger screen. It's logical development. *g*
Is this justification for the smaller N900 screen? Last I checked, I'm also getting older... so are the Nokia engineers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
I'd just like a fcking N900 that doesn't play the ringtone of an incoming call to everyone in my train carriage when I'm listening to music on wired headphones. Some of the most basic N900 functionality needs addressing before it can be considered "really good".
That particular behavior annoy you, but it's EXACTLY what I want my N900 to do.

I don't have my headphones on every moment at work. If I pull them off and leave them lying on the desk, the *best* way I will know that a call is incoming is the ring out through the phone's speakers. Yes, I could try and keep the N900 in my peripheral vision, but if I turn around to talk to someone on the other side of me I'd miss the call.

Yes, I can see why you want it your way. And I would agree that missing that way of operation does knock it down from "really good".

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I'd just like a fcking N900 that doesn't play the ringtone of an incoming call to everyone in my train carriage when I'm listening to music on wired headphones. Some of the most basic N900 functionality needs addressing before it can be considered "really good".

Email is still pretty sucky and quite horrible to use. RSS reader - LOL, same as it was on the 770! Ovi Store - geez, just as well there's only about 20 applications or it would be unusable with that UI. Ovi Maps - unusable.

The only decent shipping app on the N900 is the browser, and to those developers I take my hat off.

Sorry to harp on but Nokia seriously need to improve software quality fast if they're destined to be anything other than the provider of phones for the third world.

The '3rd world' are people too and the emerging nations will provide future growth. You sound so snobbish - SHAME on you !

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
At the end of the day, whatever your religion is, you have to CONVERT people out there to your platform to keep it alive. Otherwise it'll dwindle down to non existence.

I like my N900. I hope it can assimilate all the unique (and locked in) features of my BB Bold and iPhone 3GS. But unfortunately all the open source wonders in the world can't give me access to REAL CONTENT when the platform is not appealing/profitable enough to the content producers.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
I want Nokia to improve. I'm concerned that they won't make it. You should be too. You might be loving your N900, and I like mine too, but the N900, Nokia and Maemo is not competing with the interconnected-ness and the undeniable quality of the competition.
no need for you to worry. Nokia has already realized it months ago. Or then they are just faking with their announcements like dropping amount of new models announced per year to half.

s60v5 is soon pretty good and e71 was already a jewel out of the box. about only thing missing when compared to iPhone was app store (but it has amazing qwerty)

and if you'd have any clue about the big picture, you wouldn't btch about fremantle. It is whole another os compared to OS2008. Yes, some apps are about straight ports from OS2005 but you can't compare even OS2008 to fremantle when talking about general usability and ease of use. And finally: "Step 4/5"
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
It has the iPhone OS on it and their own Apple made ARM type processor so it won't multi task and like the old MAC's it is solely all theirs no tinkering at all with it. They are keeping this to their own no Intel goodness (even though AMD better) ;p lol its a giant paddle to hit people with!

They really messed up big time I can't imagine walking around with a 10 inch screen trying to type on it lol.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
The '3rd world' are people too and the emerging nations will provide future growth. You sound so snobbish - SHAME on you !
Don't be daft, it's where Nokia are still big - they've lost ground everywhere else.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
I am amazed at how it has no USB port.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Tags
apple, ifarted, ipad, tablet