Active Topics

There's a long thread going on about a PIM being a necessity for the survival of the IT. We all have our stances (personally, i'm tired of seeing comments of "the NEW threat".. threat? really? c'mon...) on what is and isn't _REQUIRED_.. but, I digress.

buried in that thread, I made a comment about being actively porting kontact/kde pim/kmail (whatever name you know it by) to the 770. I had originally thought of using EDS for storage, but didn't know how actively used it was, and if storing data in it would again lock data in one place, narrowing the realm of synching (haven't figured out a solution for that, yet).

I was going to try and abstract out some gtk-esque objects so rolling-your-own would be easy.. but, oy.. there's enough of a headache right now porting from qt/kde -> gtk/hildon, and c++ -> c...

So, my question is: Should I use EDS, sqllite, or file-based storage for an initial go? Or, something else? Mind you, this is question mostly focused on ease of (future) synchronization.

Any input is welcome.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Using EDS would allow it to integrate with the existing Contacts application and the Opened Hand stuff such as Dates.