Active Topics

Has this been any fruitful since opening the thread, the developer page doesn't provide any information on if someone is working on the apps or what not. How to we find out if the wiki posting did anything other than wait and see if it shows up in store or gets announced in the forum?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
It was just to make some noise like always =)

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Hannover, Germany

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
most likely...

* [http://store.ovi.com/content/ZZZZ "How long Nokia/Store is for us? aka Edit N9 Information With Your = 'ENIWY+LOW'"] - SMS, Calendar and Contacts -database reader/editor for PC (Linux, OsX and Windoze)
** There is really no application for PC (or whatevö) to edit N9's databases. It would be great to have one.

***[ZZZZ=Nokia is sleeping...]

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Last edited by catbus; 2012-05-15 at 22:10.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Has this been any fruitful since opening the thread, the developer page doesn't provide any information on if someone is working on the apps or what not. How to we find out if the wiki posting did anything other than wait and see if it shows up in store or gets announced in the forum?
I don't think we have seen the fruits yet - except for the cases where a user has pointed a need and another user referred to an existing application covering that need, or something similar.

As you can see from my initial post, I didn't expect the need for so much manual work moving information from this thread to the wiki page. I have been busy with other community activities but I'll go and update the wiki page. Is anybody willing to help?

The latest deadline for the wiki update is the bignning of the maemo.org coding competition, since that page should serve as source of inspiration for developers working on new apps.

I will also put time contacting developers of apps requested so they are aware of the interest, involving the partner managers at Nokia for those cases where one is assigned.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
I'm amazed that no-one has ported a decent torrent app yet. (qtrapids or transmission etc) Meetor is awful. There would be alot of interested people to buy it!
Torrential has worked fine for me. Sure it's very simple, but enough for occasional torrent download.

Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
there is yle-dl for linux, it would actually be awsome to have a client that actually downloaded and stored the content. This is important also because the mobile connection is often too slow to stream the video content.
N9 runs linux, thus yle-dl works. Though you need to compile it (and libjson).

Last edited by ladoga; 2012-05-16 at 16:48.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post

As you can see from my initial post, I didn't expect the need for so much manual work moving information from this thread to the wiki page. I have been busy with other community activities but I'll go and update the wiki page. Is anybody willing to help?

The latest deadline for the wiki update is the bignning of the maemo.org coding competition, since that page should serve as source of inspiration for developers working on new apps.
I'm willing to help. But what saddens me is that Nokia is trying hard to wipe out N9 & megoo (not to open another discussion on this). But atleast someone should contact/request Nokia to release meego OS code(100% open source) to community & allow community to provide firmware updates before all the developers abandons the meego ship.

Neverthless, I will find some time today in the evening to update the wiki.

The Following User Says Thank You to achilles333 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
MS-office... dont see that happening anytime soon

Money manager type app: one that tracks income and expenses on multiple account by month

@qgil
anyway we could add in either wiki or somewhere where if any developer is willing to or has started to work on any particular app could put committed by it so we as a user know its in works and any other developers would know and not duplicate the work?