Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
I think "CSSU features" is the best place for transitions.ini modifications. It is also still maintained. I really doubt if the CSSU people will ever release such tool themselves.

P.s. can anyone tell me what parts of theme customizer are still working correctly and are also still useful?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I use theme customizer to change the theme, change the font, colours and choosing the icon pack as well as the 5 sliders for size and opacity. It hasn't caused me an issue since I started using it >5months ago...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I use theme customizer to change the theme, change the font, colours and choosing the icon pack as well as the 5 sliders for size and opacity. It hasn't caused me an issue since I started using it >5months ago...
I can say the same it never broke my transitions.ini when changing the same things as you. For cssu switches and other variables inside transitions.ini I use vi. Never had problems
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Good to know, as I started to work on a new version (= stripped of malfunctioning parts and adding portrait support) of Theme Customizer. But it should be worth the effort of course. And no promises that I will ever finish it, and I will certainly not become a maintainer

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by ade View Post
I think "CSSU features" is the best place for transitions.ini modifications. It is also still maintained. I really doubt if the CSSU people will ever release such tool themselves.

P.s. can anyone tell me what parts of theme customizer are still working correctly and are also still useful?
Fair comment.

I can give you pointers of what's broken but after spending several hours a few months back looking through the sources I decided it wasn't for me.
I needed alot more knowledge of h-d & h-h for a start

*Edits to transitions.ini are without thp tweaks also seems to cut some lines out of the file when making a new one.

*App icon size gconftool seems to no longer work in latest CSSU (maybe moved or removed)

After the issues I had with it I don't fancy reinstalling it.

I also went onto manual editing of transition.ini too, hence my wiki page.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/...hildon-desktop

Thanks alot for looking into it ade.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2013-03-03 at 12:03. Reason: addition notes

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
@sixwheeledbeast
Are you using the version in devel? I found that it's not working as it should months (or a year?) ago so I went back to the extras version and it works ok for me.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
@sixwheeledbeast
Are you using the version in devel? I found that it's not working as it should months (or a year?) ago so I went back to the extras version and it works ok for me.
Nope it was documented at the time the devel version caused some issues.

This is 0.9-65

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
That's weird. I'm on latest CSSU thumb and I just tested resizing the icons and it works.
EDIT: I'm on 0.9-65 as well.

Last edited by vetsin; 2013-03-03 at 12:33.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Weird I'm using v0.9-77 which seems to be the extras-devel version; maybe i haven't used all its features to get into a pickle

Thanks for the tip though I'll be more careful now when using it

Just updated http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/...roken_packages.

And I am planning to look into Theme Customizer parts more detailed for that matter.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: