Notices

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Duisburg, Germany
I installed Adblock Plus on my N900 several times now and did some reboots too but it still does not work. All ads are displayed and I can't add filters in the options because the button is freezed. Any ideas?

The Following User Says Thank You to Alter Falter! For This Useful Post:
same happens for me - i tried both the repository one, and the 1.1.1 version (including subscription to the list) - not blocking any ads whatsoever. not even after 1-2 reboots

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Finland
by installing type 2 I managed to get it work
http://browser.garage.maemo.org/docs...tallation.html

Originally Posted by pumo View Post
by installing type 2 I managed to get it work
http://browser.garage.maemo.org/docs...tallation.html
I can get the adblock installed both ways and get subscribed to easylist and even import my customized patterns.ini. But it does not filter anything! Additionally, uninstalling the .deb package did not work correctly. The extension was still listed in the extensions tab but the remove button was not functional. Closing the browser and moving .mozilla/ to a different name fixed that.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Mine was disabled in prefs.js by default (in addition to enabled in about:config). After I removed the enabled: false line in prefs.js and restarting the browser daemon, it works now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
thanks Bundyo. installed and used about:config to enable the adblock extension (just search for adblock and look for enable which is false by default, apparently).
only thing now is that it seems to affect default browser functionality - for example when typing in the address bar i used to get previous items or an offer to search google for the typed phrase. now they're gone, the address bar isn't 'smart' anymore
any ideas?

strange... after a browser restart and another trip to about:config it started working again (see pre post). didn't change anything though. oh well, happy it works and to be rid of ads

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New York, NY, USA
I installed Adblockplus from the application manager (v. 1maemo0-8, with Adblock 1.0.2). After noticing some ads on some pages, I assumed it wasn't working correctly. However, after disabling it and re-enabling it, it appears that it is blocking most ads but not all.

I was able to get it working by following the instructions found here: http://browser.garage.maemo.org/news/12/

several reboots were required since I wasn't sure how to restart the browser daemon without restarting the device itself. Also note that I had to uninstall the copy of ABP that I had previously installed via the application manager. The directions to install it via the browser are included.

here is a pic showing it installed:

Last edited by legoman666; 2009-12-30 at 17:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to legoman666 For This Useful Post:
uhm.... according to flickr your picture is marked private, so we can't see it...

Tags
adblock plus, add-on, browser add-on, browsing, enhancement, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser, plug-in