Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Ok, I had to come back to post this, it's too cool....

First off, thanks to all my friends for their kind words and invite requests. It means more than you know. If you have a spare, I'd love to join Google+ with you all!

Anywhoo, here's the reason I am such a strong proponent of the Exynos 4210 SoC (found in the Galaxy SII). Here is a video of the ODroid-A (featuring the Exynos 4210) running Ubuntu like a CHAMP at a full-sized-laptop 1366x768 resolution . It's running at a clip that might have you thinking it was running on a netbook!

Next years tablets will be full fledged laptop replacements -- yes for 'real' productivity too.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCPBmnAydlQ
BLOG: http://hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/blog/blog_list.php

For those that don't know, the Exynos 4210 (AFAICT) is a pure ARM system-on-chip. All of the design IP was created by ARM, which has benefits of quick time to market, and insight into on-chip efficiencies. It also features an amazingly powerful GPU (Mali 400). The only SoC currently on the market to challenge this on all fronts is the Apple A5.

Damn, I miss this forum....
Yes damn it I missed you man.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by noal View Post
gabby131,

I might be wrong but it looks like you have to search by proper name as gabby131 is turning up nothing.

I'm Neil White by the way, in case anybody was interested...
yeah noticed that too....quite annoying....well just search Dan and I'm sure that he'll be a person we have in common and my real name is "Gabriel Tadiarca"

EDIT: BAM!! just saw you comment on one of Dan's post....and I'm circling on you too.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2011-07-27 at 00:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
First off, thanks to all my friends for their kind words and invite requests. It means more than you know. If you have a spare, I'd love to join Google+ with you all!
Good to see you back.....

Check your email (didn't know if you'd get a PM notice still)

Sno

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Hey Capt'n Corrupt I'm Thomas Christiansen on Google+ or Facebook.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Ok, I had to come back to post this, it's too cool....

Well, shoot me your Google mail address in a PM so I can invite you, already!

Anywhoo, here's the reason I am such a strong proponent of the Exynos 4210 SoC (found in the Galaxy SII). Here is a video of the ODroid-A (featuring the Exynos 4210) running Ubuntu like a CHAMP at a full-sized-laptop 1366x768 resolution . It's running at a clip that might have you thinking it was running on a netbook!
DO WANT!!!

Damn, I miss this forum....
We miss you more, lad.

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
yeah noticed that too....quite annoying....well just search Dan and I'm sure that he'll be a person we have in common and my real name is "Gabriel Tadiarca"

EDIT: BAM!! just saw you comment on one of Dan's post....and I'm circling on you too.
Wait... what? Who is Capt'n then? Man, I wish they'd let you use nicknames on there. :P

Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
Good to see you back.....

Check your email (didn't know if you'd get a PM notice still)

Sno
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Hey Capt'n Corrupt I'm Thomas Christiansen on Google+ or Facebook.
It would appear all of us Epic Android folks are rapidly becoming Google+ ascended beings.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
OMIGOD-OMIGOD-OMIGOD-OMIGOD-SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Well, no.. EMULATORS for Android by the famous (and always classy 'n capable) Marat Fayzullin!
http://fms.komkon.org/EmuAndroid/

There's a slew in there and the web page includes QR codes to go straight to the apps in the Android Market right from the page using your phone or tablet. EPIC WIN!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
Lack of nicknames is stupid, hence my profile picture.

The Following User Says Thank You to noal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Wait... what? Who is Capt'n then? Man, I wish they'd let you use nicknames on there. :P
you can use your nick, by replacing your real name >_< you can place you nick on the "nickname" section of profile but its not search-able.

It would appear all of us Epic Android folks are rapidly becoming Google+ ascended beings.
I keep on thinking that Google+ on this thread is Out of topic but just realized...."hey gabby131! Android is Google and same is Google+ stupid!"

OMIGOD-OMIGOD-OMIGOD-OMIGOD-SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Well, no.. EMULATORS for Android by the famous (and always classy 'n capable) Marat Fayzullin!
http://fms.komkon.org/EmuAndroid/

There's a slew in there and the web page includes QR codes to go straight to the apps in the Android Market right from the page using your phone or tablet. EPIC WIN!
yeah! a new thing to try out for my 2-week break!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2011-07-27 at 12:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Sweet!!!

"ASUS just announced via its official Twitter account that the Eee Pad Transformer would be receiving the latest iteration of Honeycomb — Android 3.2 — on July 28th"

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07...rmer-tomorrow/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Hey I wrote an article about what I think will be in the next version of Android please give me your honest opinion.
http://worldoftommy.com/?p=28

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy