Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Hello!
I have not been lingering around here lately due to an influx of dead threads.
There is a lot of N9/N950 crap. This is a Maemo/N900/N8*0 forum!
Not Meego!

They have just been irritating, nothing more.

But I have noticed a massive influx in POINTLESS threads and seemingly "dumb(!!)" people with pointless comments!

Why is this flooding coming?
What have we done wrong? We hide in our little corner of the Internet and stick to ourselves...

This is a Linux device! Linux is NOT simple! But it is NOT complex!
FIGURE IT OUT!

There is no point listing any examples, I'm sure you all would have seen them.

Is this one of the signs of the impending 2012 apocalypse?

Are all of these people finding cheap N900's or something?

P.S: THEY ARE CALLED PROGRAMS NOT APPS!

Last edited by kingoddball; 2011-07-27 at 22:31.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
It's a sign of the 2011 Elopocalypse

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
P.S: THEY ARE CALLED PROGRAMS NOT APPS!
Yes finally some who gets it
F*ing hate that stupid word APP, they where named programs in the beginning of computers because thats what they where, and that is what they still are!!!!!!!

an topic, well i haven't been browsing much lately, just been "maintaining" my threads, haven't had much time.....
But i have seen some "crap" lately.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
But I have noticed a massive influx in POINTLESS threads and seemingly "dumb(!!)" people with pointless comments!

Why is this flooding coming?
http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=ignorelist

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
if you've been lurking as long as you say you have, you would remember this is internet tablet talk. So meego definitely fits in around here.

Hey look at the top right, our only "advertisement" "and it's for a project to put meego on the n900.

And I suppose I need to remind you that the N9 and N950 are not meego devices. They renamed maemo 6 to meego harmattan. It's meego in name/branding, but not actually meego.

But thank you for contributing another rude post.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to anonymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
if you've been lurking as long as you say you have, you would remember this is internet tablet talk. So meego definitely fits in around here.

Hey look at the top right, our only "advertisement" "and it's for a project to put meego on the n900.

And I suppose I need to remind you that the N9 and N950 are not meego devices. They renamed maemo 6 to meego harmattan. It's meego in name/branding, but not actually meego.
Just to be clear, the Cordia project is not limited to the N900. One of its main purposes is to get as much of Maemo as possible on MeeGo devices.

Also, maemo.org doesn't accept paid advertisements at this time. Any member in good standing can post a banner for their Maemo related project for free. The criteria for banners are listed here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=banners

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I felt this same exact way when the N900 was released and I didn't make the jump.

The folks that came in, knew nothing about ITT, hated us old-timers that kept our N810's, the folks that resisted jumping to Qt were shunned for our GTK+ ways (like Druids, but hated moreso) and the negativity was immense.

Out comes the N9. New names, same ignorance, new device, same hatred to the prior group that existed here before them... same old story.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
If you don't want to comment on a thread then don't. If you can't handle the fact the people like me have bought an n900 then deal with it. I also bought a pc and don't know the inner workings of it. When I bought the n900, it was sold as a phone, not as a 'you must be a ****ty nerd with no sense of humour a girlfriend to own this device' device. Get over yourself, there are people here who aren't die hard maemo fans but still need help and the n900 has bought a lot of people to this forum. So help or ignore or phuk off and get a life.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
Doesn't anyone else see the irony in creating this thread to complain about junky posts / threads?

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to kc5teg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Hahhahaa!
Can't argue with kc5teg!

I don't see why people would buy such a phone without first putting in a bit of research?

I don't have hatred toward anyone, but why not try and figure problems out yourself? You aren't running an iPhone. No click install and click to remove, some things are SLIGHTLY harder.

@ Annon: It may have it's underlying roots as ITT, but look at the URL.. MAEMO!

@ Ralph: Tool!

If people don't comment on the pointless threads the OP will open another and another (this has been seen).

Go dance a little jig.

Last edited by kingoddball; 2011-07-27 at 00:41.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post: