Hi. A few weeks ago, the corner of my N9 chipped off (I'm not sure from what). It isn't a big deal- the phone still functions properly- but the entire thing is slightly less pretty, and it's REALLY bothering me.

I don't trust myself enough to replace the housing myself... are there any places in the United States that would do it for an N9? I live near New York City... are there any places there that might do it? Or, perhaps a place I could mail the phone to?

And, how much would it probably cost?

Thanks!

Last edited by Wowfunhappy; 2012-05-29 at 01:45.

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
That sounds like CIA territory.....
But in all seriousness that's the kind of thing any phone repair shop should be able to do for ya so long as they're prepared to source a new fascia (body), you could provide it though, hey there's even a tmo thread talking about how to do it yourself if you're prepared to get your hands dirty.

The Following User Says Thank You to HanzBlix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Oh yeah you'd probably be looking at $150+ to be generous if you go through a repair shop.

heres a guy who does a lot of diassemble and stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9u7r...EjgEhK86_WImZA

he goes through every little step so you feel safe. i wouldn't bother taking it too a shop, i wouldnt trust my nokia in someone else hands anyways

and what the guy said above me +1

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
If you insist on a shop doing it, look up palcowireless they are Nokia authorized and can do it, but if you are patient you can do it on your own, it really isn't that hard.

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
That sounds like CIA territory...
Yeah, it does =D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_swap