Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
Has anyone succesfully connected the Jolla internal storage to a Linux PC yet? I have tried using mtp and ssh (fish), but that doest give my a stable connection. Am i doing something wrong here?
USB/MTP work for me on my Gentoo box running Gnome 3.8. Jolla phone shows up in Nautilus, no problem.

I also tried on Ubuntu 13.10. Phone shows up in the left bar but there's no content. Cannot remember the exact error message.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
Has anyone succesfully connected the Jolla internal storage to a Linux PC yet? I have tried using mtp and ssh (fish), but that doest give my a stable connection. Am i doing something wrong here?
Hmm, I just plugged the USB cable into a netbook running Ubuntu 13.10 (32 bit) and there was the internal storage (/home/nemo). But I had trouble moving files or unmounting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Well, my troubles start when moving/copying files to the phone memory. If it starts (which on itself is uncertain) the Jolla will tell me its charging everytime a file is transferred, and after a while the connection will drop.
I am using lib64mtp9 and kio-mtp to use it all with KDE4 and dolphin.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
The idea behind this is a different one, so it makes sense to have "Save" at the top.

You can accept any dialog by swiping the whole page to the left. The "Save" label on top just tells you that this is a dialog and the accept action will be "Save". There is no need to actually tap on the "Save", or even scroll up the whole page again after filling in everything. Just drag the page to the left and it will "Save".
It's just a bonus feature that you can actually click on the "Save" label to perform the action as well.
Nope, that doesn't work for me when creating an email account. Everything filled in is gone after swiping to the left.
That's why I've asked for a "Save" function when swiping to the right.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Account Twitter!
I cannot make account Twitter. Facebook without any problems but when I try to add account - twitter ... then accept.. then adding...and nothing! Did this several times but always the same.
What to do?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
Nope, that doesn't work for me when creating an email account. Everything filled in is gone after swiping to the left.
If everything is gone, it was the wrong direction and you cancelled the dialog.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
"Swiping to the left" means: you move your finger from right to left, so it drags the screen one step further... not back where you came from.

This is what saves your settings. That's how I do it all the time with sailfish. I never even knew I could actually *tap* the word "Save" on top.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
Account Twitter!
I cannot make account Twitter. Facebook without any problems but when I try to add account - twitter ... then accept.. then adding...and nothing! Did this several times but always the same.
What to do?
Check your date and time settings. I was having the same problem until I updated those up to date.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ministeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
Account Twitter!
What to do?
[U]Same here, got to the Twitter website and after that nothing.
A reboot didn't help either.
When logging onto Twitter through the web it also isn't visible under apllications which have acces to my account.

After the advice from Ministeri it worked, thank you!

A other issue I was facing, I was setting up my hotmail account and the mail application was updating my mailbox. So I have 115 new e-mail messages. I was able to select them 1 by one(there should be a option select all) and when they all where selected there wasn't a "mark all as read" option.

I now had to manually click through every message to make it "read". Not a dealbreaker but also not a sweet way to make it function as I wanna.

Last edited by BonoNL; 2013-12-22 at 21:23.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post
Check your date and time settings. I was having the same problem until I updated those up to date.
Thank you, this helped.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience