Hello all,

I always used my GPS and it worked fine, got a fix in a few seconds most of the time.

Nowadays, GPS isn't working anymore. I can't get a fix and the N900 says that there are zero sattelites in view. I tried wit A-GPS on and off. Tried it wit Location-test, with GPS Data, with Nokia Maps, with Sygic...but no signal.

What could this be?

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by HwKok View Post
Hello all,

I always used my GPS and it worked fine, got a fix in a few seconds most of the time.

Nowadays, GPS isn't working anymore. I can't get a fix and the N900 says that there are zero sattelites in view. I tried wit A-GPS on and off. Tried it wit Location-test, with GPS Data, with Nokia Maps, with Sygic...but no signal.

What could this be?
You are not alone, my friend. I am frustrated and extremely disappointed with my N900 A-GPS capability. It's a toy when it comes to GPS functionality. I have both Ovi-maps and Mappero and both FAILED when I needed it most. I even tried switching on Data, but just couldn't get a lock on the location properly. I was on the highway, not some remote jungle. Giving up hope!!!

I see pretty consistent behaviour with the following test case.

- Configure Internet connections as ALWAYS ASK
- Configure Location NOT to use Network positioning
- Add the Location widget to desktop
- Turn internet connections off
- Power on the Location widget. Or use the GPSData app.
(I dont use Ovi MAPS because its so slow.)

Now, for some reason that I dont understand, N900 is prompting me for Internet connection. WHY? I never asked for network assist. Top priority is to save battery life on long lasting activities.

However, If I then give it the connection, it locks instantly. Again, without any supl.xxx.com connection apparently active. Disconnect after that and hope for the best...no tunnels etc.

Hopefully this helps!

Set up "supl.google.com" instead of "supl.nokia.com" for A-GPS location server! It worked for me.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by img View Post
Set up "supl.google.com" instead of "supl.nokia.com" for A-GPS location server! It worked for me.
Most stuff covered here

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Tags
lack of quality control