Posts: 204 | Thanked: 754 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ashish View Post
I get a 404 when I try to get the packages from the dropbox repos. Is there an alternative
Check the clock, if it gets reset, certificate fails. Alternative would be to change the repo url from https to http. No alternative for now, sorry.

Originally Posted by Älä hakkaa View Post
The current KBD-mapping then applies to both the slider-keyboard and the bluetooth keyboard at the same time.
Two options come to my mind.. you should be able to change it on the fly with setxkbmap. You can easily get the correct values for it by connecting the kb to something where it gets detected correctly, and doing setxkbmap -v -query. Remember to use -device so you get the values from right keyboard, if you have multiple connected. As an example, which might even work for you would be setxkbmap -model evdev -rules evdev -layout de -geometry pc -device $whatever.

Now, a proper way would probably be just simply setting the keyboard options for X itself. As an example, generate file 95-my_ext_kb.conf into /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/, put something like this in it:

Code:
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier      "Ext keyboard"
        MatchProduct    "check with evtest or xinput"
        Option          "XkbModel" "evdev"
        Option          "XkbLayout" "us"
        Driver          "evdev"
EndSection
Can't promise either of these suggestions would fix the layout issue, especially taken literally, but you got the idea.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
@Skry: have you considered applying smartreflex patches in this kernel?

Originally Posted by caveman View Post
@Skry: have you considered applying smartreflex patches in this kernel?
If it just were that simple.. SR is already there, it works for core, does not for mpu, can be enabled via sysfs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
How difficult is it to port it to n810(os2008)? I can understand some applications/system can only run on n900, but not arch linux, which I use on desktop, if you can make it work on n900.

Originally Posted by nkmm View Post
How difficult is it to port it to n810(os2008)? I can understand some applications/system can only run on n900, but not arch linux, which I use on desktop, if you can make it work on n900.
Can't really tell. I'm not that sure what you meant so I assume Arch on N810. I don't have N810 nor do I know much more about it than what wikipedia tells. I do know that there is at least some support in kernel. Anyway, I would need to have one to tell you more. In general you need a kernel that boots on it, and has support for devtmpfs and cgroups. After that, work out broken stuff somehow, make needed adaptations to userspace.

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
on the 5Mpx camera:
i2c-core: driver [et8ek8] using legacy suspend method
i2c-core: driver [et8ek8] using legacy resume method
et8ek8 3-003e: read from offset 0x1263 error -121
isp_register_subdev_group: Unable to register subdev et8ek8
and on the VGA camera:
i2c-core: driver [smia-sensor] using legacy suspend method
i2c-core: driver [smia-sensor] using legacy resume method
smia-sensor 2-0010: read from offset 0x0 error -121

Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
on the 5Mpx camera:
I know.

Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
and on the VGA camera:
I know.

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Originally Posted by Skry View Post
I know.
I know.
Well, good for you.

So how good is the performance and how well is everything working in Arch Linux on N900?
It's been awhile(more than a year) since I have done anything more than use it as a regular phone on my N900...And now its time to get back to playing with it!