Active Topics

Before I up to OS2008, anyone know if it works? I mentioned this in the N800 forum and "TheGogmagog" says that it did not for him - BUT that there is a version for the 810 that supposedly IS (?) for OS2008.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Yes GVM works. I've been able to install some Palm apps already. However, not all palm apps will install - it's kinda trial and error at this point. I'm still trying to get my new N810 all set up how I like before I figure out which of my existing Palm apps I still need. I can't tell you how hotsync works because even though I've been a Palm user for a long time, I haven't hotsync'd in a few years.

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
Yes GVM works. I've been able to install some Palm apps already. However, not all palm apps will install - it's kinda trial and error at this point. I'm still trying to get my new N810 all set up how I like before I figure out which of my existing Palm apps I still need. I can't tell you how hotsync works because even though I've been a Palm user for a long time, I haven't hotsync'd in a few years.
The hotsync's a breeze - I use Intellisync and no sweat. Is this used on a 810? or 800?

The only problem I've seen with Garnet, is that when Docs-To-Go starts to install some of it's fonts - it stops the sync, but by that time that is pretty much the last thing that needs to be "installed".

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
I'm using an N810. Haven't tried D2G yet... Since I don't hotsync it was a pain in the arse to get installed on my palm TX, let alone a virtual environment - I'll try it under GVM sooner or later.

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
I'm using an N810. Haven't tried D2G yet... Since I don't hotsync it was a pain in the arse to get installed on my palm TX, let alone a virtual environment - I'll try it under GVM sooner or later.
FWIW, I'd not used H/S in about 2 years and not set it up and it still only took about 30 minutes to get EVERYTHING done.

FYI After upgrading to OS2008 on my *N800*, I had to install the N810 version of Garnet VM. The N800 version would no longer install successfully.

Just upgraded my n800 to OS2008. I was able to install Garnet VM(the n810 version), but unable to install(import) my contacts that I exported from my palm like I used to with OS2007+VM(the n800 version). Anyone else has any success with this operation?

I also could not get the *N800* version to install on my *N800*, but the *N810* installed without a hitch, and my first hotsync is running smoothly now

One question for experienced users: is there any way to get the virtual Palm screen to display rotated 90 degrees (so the tablet screen will be on it's end, more like a Palm device)?

Techie, Podcaster, Nuclear Engineer, Triathlete, Road Warrior, and N800 Newbie
Podcast: This Week in Nuclear
My Crazy Friends: Multisport Maniacs

Cr_p! I spoke too soon. Now it's freezing on me I had to power cycle the unit to unfreeze and now the Garnet VM application crashes when it loads.

Oh - and I found the answer to my screen size/orientation question, too.

Oh well...most things that are too good to be true are, in fact, not.

Techie, Podcaster, Nuclear Engineer, Triathlete, Road Warrior, and N800 Newbie
Podcast: This Week in Nuclear
My Crazy Friends: Multisport Maniacs

Originally Posted by bro0ke View Post
Just upgraded my n800 to OS2008. I was able to install Garnet VM(the n810 version), but unable to install(import) my contacts that I exported from my palm like I used to with OS2007+VM(the n800 version). Anyone else has any success with this operation?
This won't be any help to you I guess, but I had backed up the gvm data files in /home/user/.gvm to sd card when using os2007 (I used rsync). So when I upgraded to os2008 and installed the 810 version of the vm, I just restored the gvm data files back to that directory and all my palm data was now back, including contacts.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArgentSilver For This Useful Post:

Tags
garnet, palm