Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by nymajoak View Post
I see what you mean and it was a sweet idea, I just had the widget propsal thread in my head,,

Generally I like things like that, it makes the device feel alive and smart. I could see the wallpaper change when I get home, for instance, or gradually change as the seasons change

EDIT: Oooo, or change based on the current weather!
Yes, location API + weather. Or use location API to grab picture from Google Street View.

Shephard could be used for this.

This one is using Edje to render, and very fast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhtNZ8-_-Ns but its just spinning around.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Shephard could be used for this.
My thought exactly. Posted an idea for weather vectoring in the shepherd feedback thread yesterday.

The Following User Says Thank You to nymajoak For This Useful Post:
you may want to upload them here: http://www.n900wallpapers.com/

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by thecursedfly View Post
you may want to upload them here: http://www.n900wallpapers.com/
done! great site there!

added a new glassy one (added links in first post).. it will be on n900wallpapers.com when its accepted.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claesbas For This Useful Post:
id love to see a vid on this one new one: http://www.n900wallpapers.com/wallpa...-glass-pano-v1 :-)

Originally Posted by claesbas View Post
added a new glassy one (added links in first post).. it will be on n900wallpapers.com when its accepted.
It is really nice but keep in mind there is for user no difference between switching from desktop 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4 and 4 to 1 while with your background 4 to 1 doesn't blend.

If you're making a desktop background please consider to keep this in mind!!

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
It is really nice but keep in mind there is for user no difference between switching from desktop 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4 and 4 to 1 while with your background 4 to 1 doesn't blend.

If you're making a desktop background please consider to keep this in mind!!
I have tried to think of the 4-1 transition.. if I offset it here I can se the blend there.. its not to bad is it?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to claesbas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by claesbas View Post
I have tried to think of the 4-1 transition.. if I offset it here I can se the blend there.. its not to bad is it?
Hmm, well, if it were ASCII/ANSI art I'd just blend the last letter with first. In this case, I'd put my effort on mixing the secondary art; the balls. I'd make them more harmonic in the middle of your screenshot. Remember, the user does not see the end or beginning. The user has no concept of '4th desktop' or '1st desktop'. Its all 'the centered' desktop with one 'left', and one 'right'. So swipe away. Although each desktop is somehow unique.

In that regard, maybe make 4 versions of 'maemo.org' logo, each in a different way, with secondary artwork mixing with each other. Because the user will never see the (IMO beautiful) artwork at a whole.

Hmm, well, if it were ASCII/ANSI art I'd just blend the last letter with first. In this case, I'd put my effort on mixing the secondary art; the balls. I'd make them more harmonic in the middle of your screenshot. Remember, the user does not see the end or beginning. The user has no concept of '4th desktop' or '1st desktop'. Its all 'the centered' desktop with one 'left', and one 'right'. So swipe away. Although each desktop is somehow unique.

In that regard, maybe make 4 versions of 'maemo.org' logo, each in a different way, with secondary artwork mixing with each other. Because the user will never see the (IMO beautiful) artwork at a whole.
I get some of what you are saying and have to wait until I have a n900 i my hands to really see how it works. I have looked at it with my n810 in Tear and scrolled it left to right from there. It works quite nice I think. I understand you dont see the whole thing ever at once but I think thats kind of the point and gives a cool effect. Each desktop gets its own unique quite abstract look but as you sweep thorugh 3-4 desktops it reveals the maemo.org logo. Its all personal prefs I suppose.. but as said I really need to test this out for real to see how it works. I think there is some quite cool creative possibilities with this pano bacgrounds..

The Following User Says Thank You to claesbas For This Useful Post:

Tags
background, maemo, n900, panoramic, wallpaper