Active Topics

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@wicket
Thanks,
of course I could export the correct variable (/etc/profile.d/...).
But I was asking myself why this is borked (using stock firmware, no cssu).
Maybe on purpose? As using visudo is not a good idea, because sudoers file gets overwritten on a lot of installations (incl. sim-switcher ). Never heard of that reboot overwrite.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That post is in an entirely different thread. As peterleinchen correctly points out, I have seen it. And the answers. But tell me, will Joe Bloggs who comes to this forum next week and finds your post know which crystal ball to look into to understand what you are on about?

Not to mention that the post you've so proudly linked is just as incoherent and has been given at least two correct answers.
pichlo,
there are many way to reply, sincerely your it's really opinable. I am just joined in that community and yes no "crystal ball" and I have a lot to learn but if just replying to something I have to read that, amen.

Nevermind and of course if that broken your cursus, I kindly ask to the mods to remove my posts.

Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to sev7en For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I can be a bit blunt but I assure you that I mean no harm.

Some things are obvious. Such as when posting in thread X, the follow-up should also go in thread X. In the very few rare cases that migh justify posting in thread Y, providing some context is essential. The connection between threads X and Y may seem obvious to you today, but it may not be obvious to everyone and definitely not in a few days' or weeks' time.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@wicket
Thanks,
of course I could export the correct variable (/etc/profile.d/...).
But I was asking myself why this is borked (using stock firmware, no cssu).
Maybe on purpose? As using visudo is not a good idea, because sudoers file gets overwritten on a lot of installations (incl. sim-switcher ). Never heard of that reboot overwrite.
Ignore me, I seem to have fictitiously invented that reboot thing . What I should have said is that it can get overwritten so it shouldn't be editted directly. You can actually tell visudo which file you want to edit with the -f option so it isn't entirely useless, although if you're using update-sudoers it already uses visudo to check the syntax anyway.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:

Tags
n800, n810, n900, optification, optifying, rootfs