Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
browser shortcut
BACKSPACE takes you back to the previously visited web page.

Last edited by edgar2; 2009-11-22 at 14:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
hit ctrl and at the same time r (receive) and p (phone) and this will magically give the phablet to the next person waiting for their N900 to arrive.
Yes i said it.....it's a phablet! and a phabulous one at that.
a phabulous phablet.

I try to look at this thread to see some tricks this phone can do and all I see is B****ing about the phone not shipping.
Quit hijacking threads there are enough threads of people complaining.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ArmandHammer For This Useful Post:
way to complain dude.

The Following User Says Thank You to stemfour For This Useful Post:
Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
From the phone app drop down menu "turning control" allows you to set orientation, but also set it to launch the phone app when you turn the device to portrait. Seems to only work from the desktop.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
in gnome terminal, CTRL + I is "tab" for filename autocompletion

CTRL + FN brings up special symbols missing on keyboard

If your N900 is bricked and battery is dead, you cant reflash OR CHARGE BATTERY: You must get another charged battery or external charger (mine was 27euro)

Keep an eye on your free space on the root filesystem with the "df" command. Do not allow this to fill up. User data should be somewhere under MyDocs

If you find something broken or not to your liking, contact the author or maintainer or file a bug report. if you are used to other commercial products, your inclination might be to first whine about a problem in a forum such as this one. In the case of Maemo and open-source apps, you have an opportunity to directly improve applications and help shape the future in a positive way.

That is an amazingly empowering feeling, and it is the most important N900 "tip" that i can pass-on.

cheers

Last edited by ArnimS; 2009-11-22 at 17:32.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
If you lack a sense of humor I think the internet is the wrong place for you to surf...

Originally Posted by ArmandHammer View Post
I try to look at this thread to see some tricks this phone can do and all I see is B****ing about the phone not shipping.
Quit hijacking threads there are enough threads of people complaining.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toratoko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post

If your N900 is bricked and battery is dead, you cant reflash OR CHARGE BATTERY: You must get another charged battery or external charger (mine was 27euro)

Keep an eye on your free space on the root filesystem with the "df" command. Do not allow this to fill up. User data should be somewhere under MyDocs

If you find something broken or not to your liking, contact the author or maintainer or file a bug report. if you are used to other commercial products, your inclination might be to first whine about a problem in a forum such as this one. In the case of Maemo and open-source apps, you have an opportunity to directly improve applications and help shape the future in a positive way.

That is an amazingly empowering feeling, and it is the most important N900 "tip" that i can pass-on.

cheers
Hey there, what external charger did you get? you can just charge the battery directly? Is it an official Nokia OEM product? (vs. some cheap charger from ebay/china).

I ask because I really go through the juice on the phone, would be nice to keep a standby battery around, but charge it externally and not through the phone.

Thanks,

-chris

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
How about just turn up the power of the cell tower and use that to charge your phone whenever it is powered on?

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post

cheers
The USB charging is "smart", but what about the dumb charger?

Tags
fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, tip, tips, tips and tricks, trick, tricks