Active Topics

Hi vitaly,

are you saying that mfe2007 is supported. ie. can we see subfolders of the inbox and it syncs all emails. Sent items etc, populates?
Are you saying mfe2003 is not supported? is there any functionality at all? will it be fully supported in the next firmware if not available at the moment?

thanks tom

Thx Vitaly, we all really appreciate having you here to provide information and taking feedback.

As google currently doesn't work, are you aware of other mail/calendar/contact service providers who do supports mfe2007? (preferably free)

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by goemb View Post
Are there any plans to implement Google's idea of MfE for the N900?
Please read comment 10 again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nokiafarce View Post
Are you saying mfe2003 is not supported? is there any functionality at all? will it be fully supported in the next firmware if not available at the moment?
Please read comment 1 and comment 10 again where this is already CLEARLY answered.

No need to ask the same again and again...

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Calendar sync with google seem to work, sort of.

Somehow i didnt get all the entires (only parts a bit random dont know why)
and i did add an entry through the N900 once (all day, yearly with alarm) and that one did vanish on both ends after a sync
But other entries that i add through the N900 do popup just fine in google.

Mail also seems to work, only problem is that i dont get my inbox but all my other labels seem to work i see there "x new messages' and i can browse to them just fine. But where is my inbox!

Contacts i didnt try, because those are horrible if you ask me, last time i did that on ,my E90 the merge that google did didnt go quite right, this is because googles contacts are way to limited, They have limited fields for phone numbers, complete address is just a big field by itself.
And now with the N900 having that much more info (skype,gtalk,msn fields and so on) i dont dare to sync that and then get complete rubbish back!

The Following User Says Thank You to jcompagner For This Useful Post:
Hey andre,

i am not sure if you are aware, but there are some users who are saying they get mfe2003 working, depending on firmware. NOT SUPPORTING does not meen it does not work. I finally have someone here who can give a definitive answer, do you mind if i at least try for clarification.
Thanks tom

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
I have set up my google contacts and calendar with the N900 fine. It has all calendar entries and contacts with pictures. So no problems here.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ UK - Brighton
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
Hello to everybody here!

I am one of the (technical, not marketing) Maemo guys who is behind "broken", "buggy", "not working" etc. Maemo MfE implementation :-)

Could you post your feedback (better negative and constructive) to this thread?

At first, Let me put the FAQ.

- It does not work with google!
- Yes. And it should not. The release of the software which you can find in the box you have received was not designed to be compatible with google.

- OK, dude. What your piece of smth. is compatible with?
- MS Exchange server 2007. Period.

- Ohoho! What about Exchange 2003?
- Wait for sw. update.

- Ohoho! But what is the problem with google? I really want to have it!
- Google implementation of ActiveSync protocol and MS implementation of ActiveSync are different implementations of the protocol. http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...statement.mspx

- Can community do something to get the google support on board?
- Yes. Influence Google (to be compatible with N900) and Nokia (to be compatible with google).

- Does it support several accounts of type ActiveSync
- No.

So, guys, I am waiting for your feedback. What are the worst problems you experience with MfE solution for Maemo?
Re M4E 2003 what do you mean by "wait for sw update"? Sorry I am a simple user not a teckie

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Caprio View Post
Re M4E 2003 what do you mean by "wait for sw update"? Sorry I am a simple user not a teckie
it means that Mail for Exchange will support Exchange 2003 Servers in a later software update.

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
hmm mail sync is really weird now i have in all mails my chats, still also inbox is nowhere to be seen (everything that could be the default inbox is empty)

so mail is not really working.

But gmail through imap does work i only miss imap-idle compared to my E90, now i just pull every 5 minutes.
the gmail app that i have on my E90 is the thing i mis the most. Because the default email clients all are not really good.. I miss the threaded view, searching should be done on the server, archive button, it should only download X number of headers and Y number of bodies should be cached. And for mobile use the bodies should be compressed. So the java GMail app is so close to what i see as the perfect mail client.... (all data on the server, searching on the server, caching on the client, nice threaded ui build on top of that)

mklass: if you sync your contacts, how are they stored at the google site, do you really have all your emails addresses there and all your info? Dont you suddenly loose email addresses or phone numbers from a contact that has 3-4 of those?
How does google store the skype and msn addres?

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!