Active Topics

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Houston, TX
I dropped mine on the floor in my hotel room last week--carpet at least. No damage done, except to my heart.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nashville, TN
I bought one of those cases off ebay (two actually, one still yet to arrive). The bottom piece fits perfectly and securely. The top piece has two issues. One, it is extremely loose and will literally "just fall off". Two, it gets in the way of the top rows of keys.

I'm assuming that yours does not suffer from either of those two issues, so can you send the link you got yours from?

For those of us still having unprotected n900, activities, can you please post a link to well fitting rubber cases for the device? Preferably ones that still allow access to the ports and buttons.

The ones I bought fit PERFECTLY and tight ! even after the fall the two pieces were intact. No problem with keyboard/slide.

I have order 3 more....for that money its just a no brainer.

Finally, I think they look really cool. The n900 still looks new and it compliments the design.

I ripped of Clear Protector (after 3 days) and will use these from now on. I wonder if the phone would have fared as well with just clear protector.... probably not after a fall onto concrete.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted by janszoon View Post
The ones I bought fit PERFECTLY and tight ! even after the fall the two pieces were intact. No problem with keyboard/slide.

I have order 3 more....for that money its just a no brainer.

Finally, I think they look really cool. The n900 still looks new and it compliments the design.

I ripped of Clear Protector (after 3 days) and will use these from now on. I wonder if the phone would have fared as well with just clear protector.... probably not after a fall onto concrete.
...So where did you get it? After reading this thread I need to get one now !! Please post a link

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Lol, mine fit snuggly as well and I ordered 3 more, just to have around. I work a lot in industrial facilities so for that price they are good to have around and just treat as expandable.

These plastic-rubber shields are great, and you donŽt really care if you damage them for that price.

I left the clearprotectors on underneath, as IŽll be switching my device between these cases and a Noreve case (www.noreveusa.com).

This is what I bought (and from this seller):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260524765879
the one i got is exactly like that but for .99$ , but ya they fit perfectly

So would you guys recommend a hard, plastic-type case? Or would the silicone one be better for drops/everyday handling?

And janszoon, the one that you're using, is it plastic or silicone?

After reading this just ordered from the link olighak gave. Hope they fit well.

I have the 'hard plastic' one listed above on ebay. but they have a Matte/brushed feel like rubber, look like rubber and (i think) compliment the phone really well, they look classy. Don't know how they make money selling these things for .99c They are worth 10 times that easy. They all come from the same mold i assume so very good fit. Silicone would be good too, but not sure about the fit? SERIOUSLY anyone who reads this should get one (or 5) as for that money you just can't go wrong.

Beware of highly entertaining movies this holiday season. :-)

Do the hard rubberized cases add a lot of bulk to the phone? Do they make it tough to slide the phone in and out of a pant pocket?

Tags
drop, drop test, fall, impact, n900