Active Topics

Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Do the hard rubberized cases add a lot of bulk to the phone? Do they make it tough to slide the phone in and out of a pant pocket?
to me it didnt add up much to the size of the phone at all and the slider of the phone is not effected by anyway of the case consider the case fit perfectly to the front and back of the phone and not get in the way of each other at all

The Following User Says Thank You to bltcool For This Useful Post:
these case rock, no real extra bulk in my opinion. treat it like a laptop....it needs a case !

The Following User Says Thank You to janszoon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
I want to say dont worry, as there is a video on youtube by tehkseven, where he performs drop tests and what not on it, and it's not broken yet, lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiase For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bulgaria
I dropped my N900 in the deep snow a few days ago. Thanks god that I was near my home and dry the unit with my wife's dryer
It is OK for now. If water remain in the unit - it is history.

The Following User Says Thank You to darkheroz For This Useful Post:
well to follow up on my n900 in the toilet....nokia sent it back unrepaired says theres corrosion on the circuitry and they wont fix it. i even offered to pay for the fix and they wont. so from this day on i officially hate nokia more than apple. the n900 still works but has not net or wifi. wow what a waste of nearly 600!

The Following User Says Thank You to nkognegr0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nkognegr0 View Post
well to follow up on my n900 in the toilet....nokia sent it back unrepaired says theres corrosion on the circuitry and they wont fix it. i even offered to pay for the fix and they wont. so from this day on i officially hate nokia more than apple. the n900 still works but has not net or wifi. wow what a waste of nearly 600!
Real sorry to hear that. However if it has been completely under water there is no certain way to fully fix it besides replacing everything. Even tiny amount of corrosion on components that currently work can cause lot more problems later. You might have ended wasting even more money.

At least Nokia keeps the water sensors inside the phone unlike Apple.

The legend says even sweaty hands can kill & void the warranty on iPhone

The Following User Says Thank You to reviver For This Useful Post:
My N900 has survived falls onto concrete, rocks, and asphault. Greatest fall was maybe 8 or 9 feet. No glass screen to break and overall well built phone. No longer my main phone but I use it now and then, works great after 5 years not even experiencing the USB connector issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
For the past 3 years my N900 did hit the concrete about 5 times. It's still working and I use it as my main device because apps like piergo, glogarchive and easy debian are no where else to find. At this moment I would rather use a Nokia Lumia Windows phone as an alternative instead.

Tags
drop, drop test, fall, impact, n900