Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
The battle for Wesnoth was one of the best games on the N810/N800. Is it possible to keep the project and re-post it on N900?

Love Wesnoth...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Yeah Wesnoth is awesome, why didn't I notice this issue?

And the N900's hardware is much powerful than the N8x0, we should expect it run smoothly on Maemo5. (Even it is very smooth on N810 already.)

And the online multiplayer would be supported. :-)

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
I would love to have this game on my N900. It is actually the only game I play...

The Following User Says Thank You to damnshock For This Useful Post:
Any chance to get it?

The file is not even in the garage.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I worked a bit on Wesnoth for N8x0. I did a test compile with some of the changes Glenn Ditchfield (the original maemo Wesnoth maintainer) did, and got it to run in scratchbox, so it is definitely doable.

There are some issues with fremantle and SDL programs (such as not being able to use the top left corner) that may have been resolved with the PR1.1 firmware. I will do another test compile and check.

I can't promise fully polished packages, but I will see what I can do as a stop-gap measure. I want to play Wesnoth on the N900 too!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
I worked a bit on Wesnoth for N8x0. I did a test compile with some of the changes Glenn Ditchfield (the original maemo Wesnoth maintainer) did, and got it to run in scratchbox, so it is definitely doable.

There are some issues with fremantle and SDL programs (such as not being able to use the top left corner) that may have been resolved with the PR1.1 firmware. I will do another test compile and check.

I can't promise fully polished packages, but I will see what I can do as a stop-gap measure. I want to play Wesnoth on the N900 too!
Make sure to contact me if I can help in some way

Originally Posted by damnshock View Post
Make sure to contact me if I can help in some way
Hi, sorry for replying late. I'm currently attempting to port wesnoth 1.6.5 to Maemo5.

I've already some .deb ready and the debian files, I'll upload something in the official repos (https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scm...wesnoth-1.6.5/) hopefully this week end.

I've not uploaded anything so far because of a nasty segfault right after starting the app on N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gibrovacco For This Useful Post:
Many many thanks!! Looking forward to it!

Yes! Awesome game.

(Tip: Anyone who's at all into strategy with rpg elements but doesn't yet know about Wesnoth should check it out for their linux, macosx or windows (or other) platform while we await the port to maemo5.)

wesnoth.org

Tags
n900, wesnoth