Active Topics

Originally Posted by tamps883 View Post
i resolved what i did wrong: i didn't write "root" when i started xterm (mean i'm noob) but after i did that, nothing happend
P.S mine problem was that wrong album cover appeared when i put on a new album. Shouldn't tracker reset solve that ?
Actually, tracker-processes -r should not be run as root.

However, the tracker process needs to be restarted. This can be done by starting the media player. Re-indexing might take quite a while if there are many media files.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j.s For This Useful Post:
hello. i got sort of the same problem on my N900 that i got last week. i cant see any of my songs. videos or pictures in my media player and the photoplayer.. i dont know if i moved them wrong, used massstorage from my pc, and send over BT and used the nokia software also.. Can somebody please help me.. Try'ed every way to rfresh my mediaplayer..

A other problem i got. cant find my memorycard..

Thanks // Tobbe

The Following User Says Thank You to serriosarn For This Useful Post:
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some help with my mediaplayer as well. For some reason it's telling me that I have no songs or videos and "Photos" is telling me I have no images. When I take a pic with the cam, the pic is also nowhere to be found. I've already tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it via x-term but that didn't change anything. Any suggestions?

The Following User Says Thank You to Losers For This Useful Post:
Worked like a charm for me, thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to johnmcpot For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to say thanks - the "tracker-processes -r" worked for me. I had had a problem with my N900's internal 32 GB memory needing a file system check / fix. Thanks! :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to zamorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
Download "Tracker CFG" from the repo's gives you a GUI to restart and alter media indexing.

"Mussorgsky" can be used to alter media metadata directley on the N900. I prefer to alter Media meta data through amorak & ubuntu though as it just easier!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Raif For This Useful Post:
guys i have a different probem when i open media player it displays no song..but when i browse with file manager i cant see that the songs and videos still in the fone. any help ?? thanks

Last edited by Aaron12; 2012-10-16 at 18:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aaron12 For This Useful Post:
Please, see my post here:
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...58&postcount=2
Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to NicoLarve For This Useful Post:
(Sorry, I've initially posted my message into a n800 thread...)

Back to the future... I had 3 n900 (somehow now dead or unchargeable) having this issue for reasons I still can't identify.
I reflashed a new second hand n900 a few days ago and I re-enjoyed mediaplayer working for all my files again. But since yesterday, it is broken, again, and I can't figure out why.
The most frustrating thing is that I know I did nothing by myself to make this issue happen simply because I was sleeping between the moment it was working and the moment it was broken.

As far as I can tell, the problem is really similar to this *closed* bug:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6823

I've tried a lot of things (restarting trackerd, killing mafw-*, reboots, run it with strace, etc.) without success. When trying to play any audio/video file, it still shows this error message (translated from french) "impossible to process operation", even trying to change the mediaplayer volume triggers this error.

If anybody here is still using his n900 and its mediaplayer, please give some feedback!

Note: openmediaplayer suffers of the same problems, an was working good when mediaplayer was working too.

--
PS: my firmware is 20.2010.36-2

(I realize that, moved from another topic, my previous message lost some context and is not clear anymore. Let me rephrase.)

My problem: the mediaplayer can't play anything (audio video, radio) nor I can change its internal volume. These operations fail and I get the following error message (translated from french) "impossible to process operation".

Facts in chronological order:
  • This n900 has been flashed a few days ago.
  • The mediaplayer used to worked like a charm (local or upnp mp3 & videos).
  • After spending an evening using the mediaplayer, on the day after, I found it broken.
  • All of my previous n900 devices had this same issue at some point and I still can't identify why.
  • openmediaplayer suffers of the exact same problems (an was working good when mediaplayer was working too).

Investigations:
The mediaplayer is so opaque to me (no parameters, useless log in /tmp/, etc.) that I couldn't find out a solution by myself (I often do). I even can't understand why this is the only app I can't run from the shell: my idea was to run it with strace (gathered from Debian Squeeze armel repo) to see on which system call the program may be trapped or could throw any internal error (strace makes it very verbose, we can see printf calls, etc.). (I mean I can run it, but it does show up!)
I've also tried a lot of other things of course: restarting trackerd, killing mafw-* processes, reboot, inspecting log file (into /tmp/ ), etc. without any success.
I suspect a possible communication issue between mediaplayer and dbus (it uses it right?) to run underlying players and volume control. To me, it's like they can't talk anymore. I may be totally wrong, but the rest of the mediaplayer works (browing files, upnp shares, etc.).

Thank you for reading!
--
PS: my firmware is 20.2010.36-2 and packages are up to date.

Last edited by NicoLarve; 2016-01-17 at 23:25.

Tags
media player, n900, problem