Active Topics

Notices

nice work! IMHO, this app is the most important 3rd app.. it should have been incorporated as part of the firmware in the first place..

my suggestion:
1. to incorporate fmms as part of the conversation. meaning we can read the mms via conversations without opening a different apps.
2. to include the ability to delete multiple mmses..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gjoe For This Useful Post:
frals, thanks a lot, you have did a great job!

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Croatia
Thanks frals, fmms is amazing app for me and work absolutely fantastic, congratulations for your amazing job what you do for all of N900 users.

Does in future be possible to add more images into one mms message and send to other people?

Ok did the x-terminal log but can't find that in file manager? fMMS is just says resizing and sending for a few seconds then nothing. Would it be worth deleting fMMS and reinstalling? Weird how with an older version it worked fine but now?

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ sweden
When on my companies wlan and try to send mms the connection to my job is dissconnected but fmms doesent connect to the mms apn? using rude method. when using havoc it works perfect.

Last edited by salle74; 2010-05-05 at 13:03.

I'm on O2 in the UK, and my postpay net settings are the same as the mms settings, so I followed the guide and left fMMS using the postpay settings.

However, if I try to download the mms, it disconnects me from the postpay and then fails.
It's like it's trying to connect me to a different connection.
In fMMS config I have O2 Postpay GPRS as the access point, which is the correct name.

Any ideas?

It sees there's a mms waiting to be downloaded, so it's closer than the "General Error, speak to author" issues I was getting earlier!

Nicola

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Help improve
Encountered an error?
Please do the following:
Open X-Terminal and enter the following:
cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/

Then either use the email client on the N900 to send me 'fmms.log' or connect it as "Mass Storage" and send it from your desktop computer - the file is in the root directory when plugged in as mass storage device.
In the email please include what operator you are on and in what country, as well as your forum username (if registered) and a link to any relevant post you may have posted in this thread. Thanks!
Please send the email to: fmms@frals.se
Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Anyway, 1.0.2 has been uploaded to -devel, it fixes a few issues with Polite/Rude-mode making them more fault tolerant.
Also, if "Your phonenumber" is set to 0, the MMS header sets the From header to 'insert-address-token' which means that the MMSC should set the from-field, which hopefully solves issues some people might have had with that (e.g. LuxGSM).

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Djonma View Post
I'm on O2 in the UK, and my postpay net settings are the same as the mms settings, so I followed the guide and left fMMS using the postpay settings.

However, if I try to download the mms, it disconnects me from the postpay and then fails.
It's like it's trying to connect me to a different connection.
In fMMS config I have O2 Postpay GPRS as the access point, which is the correct name.

Any ideas?

It sees there's a mms waiting to be downloaded, so it's closer than the "General Error, speak to author" issues I was getting earlier!

Nicola
try this:
open terminal and

type
Code:
mv .fmms .fmms.old
I'd like to request a feature - you only have 4 settings for image sizes, it would be better to have and additional option so that I can resize the image so that it use the maximum amout of the 300kb allowed for an MMS!!!

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ wolver
Again another user here saying thanks for putting in the time and effort with this. Building N900 into something great. Cheers.

Okay these are my APN settings:
# Access Point Name: general.t-mobile.uk
# User Name: user
# Password: pass
# HTTP Proxy: 149.254.201.135
# Port Number: 8080
# MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002

After about a minute or two i get the response along the lines of OK, but i haven't recieve anything, hmm and i have tried every other lot of APN settings for tmobile uk i could find.

Any ideas?

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python