Active Topics

so ive been playing with pidgin trying to get qq to work on it.

and i think ive managed to get through to an extent.

basically i replaced the libqq.so usr directory with one i got off a chinese site. and then in pidgin i configured the proxy settings for the account for the settings that at&t has which are as follows

host: wap.cingular.com
proxy: 80
user and pass left blank

well now it tries to connect then gives me a captcha that no matter how many times i enter fails and gives me a "failed captcha verification" and disables the account within pidgin

sometimes it just gives me another captcha to enter without giving me the message but its weird.

any ideas or suggestion?

oh edit: im also posting to some chinese sites in hopes of some sort of solution. i know there are a few members here trying to get qq to work on the n900 so ill post anything i find here

Last edited by jajangmien; 2011-08-15 at 19:25.

well even though i go no reply i managed to get qq working in pidgin.

basically by following this guide

http://bbs.dospy.com/thread-11515185-1-315-1.html

you need to use filebox or other similar app to get into the usr directory and replace the libbqq.so with the one in /opt/maemo/usr/lib/purple-2/libqq.so

then switch pidgin's qq settings to qq2010 and set the proxy settings to whatever your cell providers settings are.

hope this helps someone. if you need more help message me because if i cant help i can always type in chinese to ask.

Does it work if connected via wifi?
Thanks