... I lately purchased a new android device and so my good old n8x0 doesn't get much attention anymore. (I know I'm not the only one in that situation)

But there is one application I really could use it for: As a second screen for my notebook, when I'm video editing or photoshopping. But as far as I know, the only possibility to use the n8x0 as a second screen is via vnc. But this way I need a WLAN connection at hand and the graphics performance is awfully bad.

Is there any possibility to use the USB-Connection to get the PC-Image on the n8x0-Screen ... ?

Due to the stand the n8x0 would make the perfect USB-Screen to hold applets, windows and tools ...

The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialGuest For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Why not USB network it to your laptop and then VNC?
Just write a quick script for both devices to make it happen fast.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Great ... I did't know it was possible to connect vnc via usb-network.

Unfortunately I havo no idea how to write such a script. Could you point me to a wiki or a how-to or a tutorial that explains how to write such a script ... ?

... after some research I guess this would require usb-networking. Is it true, that usb-networking between Windows 7 and n810 is impossible ... ?

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
Is this possible under any configuration to use as an external display with high enough framerate for video?

Audio can be dealt with via a BT headset, along with media controls.

The idea is using it as a decently nice display (touchscreen bit the dust a while back on my n810) to watch videos in bed, with all the encoding and cpu/gpu intensive stuff ran on a pc, to get full resolution and good framerates.

Just a thought.

The Following User Says Thank You to eleseur For This Useful Post:
I saw a hardware to do this. It's a usb-vga adapter used to connect laptop to LCD monitor. No network is needed but don't know if there required software to drive this.