The top picks why still use my N9 instead of jolla:
  • The low power mode screen is the killer feature of the N9. I will miss this feature the day I decide to switch to another phone.
  • I prefer N9 UI compared to jolla UI.
  • I prefer the N9 screen size and the design is also better.
  • N9 have better build quality and better camera

With that said I know that the N9 is a dead end so my next phone will probably be a jolla 2 or similar. Android is not an option for me. I just ordered a new battery for my N9 so I will probably keep it for a while.

I did however decide to buy the jolla tablet since I wanted to support jolla.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tealc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Melbourne Australia
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Not much point for me to get a Jolla, since their hardware does not support the 3G/4G bands in my country.
Exactly the same reason here. Poor support when it comes to network frequency compatibility. Having a phone that only supports two 3G bands is simply not good enough & unacceptable.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skywalker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
It's July 2015 an the N9 ist still my main phone. Better display for summer ;-) and email, caldav and carddav are working perfectly. N9 is a real worker!

I tried last winter to switch to Jolla as main phone, good to read in the darkness. But I can not use it daily. The main reason caldav can not handle events with timezone information correctly. The events get +1hour in summer. Carddav does not work for me, got it working a little with syncevolution, but not stable. email cannot been configured to display text only. This feature requests and bugs are well documented over 1,5 years at together.jolla.com. As long as this is not fixed, I do not need the featureof a replacable battery (oops I think batteries are very short at stock). Sail on Jolla, nice Phone to play with, not more.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
I have used my Jolla as my main phone for some time now (have had it since launch) but I always keep getting back to my N9 every now and then. And I feel that time is coming again

All the pros and cons have pretty much been said here already. Want only to say that for me, the Harmattan Swipe UI and all mods that community has made to it has made it the perfect and most efficient phone to use day-to-day basis for me. I am still in awe how simple, elegant and effective can phone usage be. And disgussed how phone manufacturers still can't get it that good again. Seriously, I love trying out different phones and OS's and do it way too often and spent too much on weird stuff, but since the first iPhone I feel that Meego Harmattan has been the only spark in the phone industry. All others are just mimics of iPhone or messy cut-and-past improvements of Android without clear goal to actually make one good product.

Damn, i gotta switch my SIM to N9 during the weekend

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by meemorph View Post
It's July 2015 an the N9 ist still my main phone. Better display for summer ;-)
The Jolla is worse in the Summer? I can't read my N9 outdoors in true daylight at all. I've never tried the Jolla because of the "no 3G support in my country" problem, so serious question here . . . how does it get worse?

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
same for me. The Jolla is for playing. The N9 is for daily use.
The Family has Iphones and Samsung Galaxys.
Before the N9 every year got a new phone. Since the N9 i use now for three years and still no alternitive on the market

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Poland
The fourth time I buy Nokia N9 broke all previous USB port and next time buy another Nokia n9 because it is my main phone all the others have not yet grown to become the successor to the N9

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danpio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
All said, but not often enough:
using N900 and N9
looking/browsing/mailing my Jolla from time to time, but still not convinced

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
The N9 is much more expensive than Jolla Phone. Besides the camera quality and power saving mode on the N9 it's also possible to boot multiply operating systems on the device. I used to multiboot Nitdroid for some android apps. I would buy a N9 instead of a Jolla or Nexus 5. The N900 has a short battery life, different type of touchscreen and only 256MB of RAM memory.

Last edited by jellyroll; 2015-07-20 at 02:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
The N9 is much more expensive then Jolla Phone.
Is 'expensive' really the word you meant?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla phone, nokia n9