Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Remember the youghurt TV commercial from a few years ago? They were running a "feel better in a week or your money back" campaign. A woman came to claim the refund and they showed her a secret footage, obtained by cameras hidden in dogs' collars, babies' bottles etc, of her doing all sorts of funky stuff. My reading of that ad was not, "we are so confident, we will gve you your money back". No, it was, "we will stop at nothing to prevent giving you your money back."
Sorry for the offtopic, but do you have a source for this?

Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Hopefully they bring something better than just rebranded Intex phone. They already have some kind of reference platforms ranging from Snapdragon 200 to 800 series, so they should have at least something to build on. Another question is the Intel Atom X3 with LTE-modem, Jolla was specifically mentioned in Intel's press release, so there might be something in works with that platform also. Don't know how it will stack up with full HD display though, now that Tablet is shipping with 330ppi display, the next phone should showcase something seriously better than the current one.
what reference platforms? do you have some source for it?

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
what reference platforms? do you have some source for it?
https://jolla.com/wp-content/uploads...2015_FINAL.PDF

To enable quick timeto-market for licensing partners, Jolla has developed a range of optimised Sailfish OS hardware platforms from Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 200/600/800 configurations, a highly scalable mobile processor family offering 4G LTE to everyone in all price ranges.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Sorry for the offtopic, but do you have a source for this?
Sadly, no. The commercial was shown on TV for a long time but I spent half an hour on YouTube in vain searching for it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sadly, no. The commercial was shown on TV for a long time but I spent half an hour on YouTube in vain searching for it
Sorry for your wasted half an hour! I have to admit I read your story wrong; I thought there was a commercial promising "feel better in a week or money back" and then really someone tried to get her money back. That's why it sounded so incredible to me. But I guess that part of the story was in the commercial too. Stupid me [end of OT]

The Following User Says Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
https://jolla.com/wp-content/uploads...2015_FINAL.PDF

To enable quick timeto-market for licensing partners, Jolla has developed a range of optimised Sailfish OS hardware platforms from Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 200/600/800 configurations, a highly scalable mobile processor family offering 4G LTE to everyone in all price ranges.
i dont trust claims,they said they were developing jolla phone 2, if someone still remember

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
[OT]@ssahla, sorry about the confusion. That time wasted on YT was before I posted the story, not now. I wanted to post a link but had to make do with just a description. [/OT]

Tags
jolla phone