Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
LOL reminds me of my Youthful days. When I wrote something like that for C64, enabling recording of audio from the tapeplayer.
A Nordic magazine made it on the frontpage and a huge article, announcing WiFi on C64.
Obviously, it was only 1-bit LOL, man, where they upset.
Heh, yes those were the days. It was so nice that back then home computers came with pretty detailed low-level documentation on the inner workings and protocols plus assembly manuals.
Specifically because the internetz was not that ubiquous yet... (sure I was on Fidonet then but that was a bit different thing....)
That was back in -85 or something, give or take few years.

I had both C64 and my first love, MPF-II from Multitech, the company that was to became Acer later.
In my C64 I had nice peripherals like flippy disk driver and a matrix printer, which of course were not compatible with my MPF-II.
So I wrote emulation for the C64's synchronous serial connection in 6502 assembly (by hand in hex editor, of course, how else?)
and connected the devices to the memory-mapped expansion port of the MPF-II

It was quite feat for a teenager if I may say so... Figuring out the timings and everything without any measurement equipment...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
To be fair, in those days without streaming and multi-threading, timing was a simple matter of adding up clock cycles for each instruction

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Nokia made a cabled remote that you plugged between the phones and the headphone jack and had media control keys. I tested it and the Nokia music app on the N9 understood the media keys but gPodder did not so back it went to the drawer...

The Following User Says Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:

Tags
headphone jack, nokia n9