Posts: 51 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sweden
Hi,
There is no support for sync with Mac OS X, so what to do?

At Maemo Summit I was able sync my new Nokia N900 with my old Nokia E75 and it works perfect.

Now when I add new contact or a meeting on my Mac or on my N900, what to do? How to keep it in sync?

I found out if I add a new contact on my Mac I was able to export it as a Vcard-file and then send it to the N900 and it works.

But what about the Calendar?
It look like N900 don't support import a Ical-file (*.ics)
What to do?

A workaround is getting a software that syncs your iCal to Google Calendar (e.g. BusySync $25), then setup Mail for Exchange on the N900 to sync up with Google (Calendar and Contacts (if you want)).

Note however that right now, Google only would allow you to sync only one category on your Google Calendar (the first category).

I agree that the calendar should support .ics.

Last edited by Reggie; 2009-10-15 at 14:21.

Mail on OS X ought to be able to sync with a Google Calendar. I believe that some recent changes made the GCal. read/write. So if the 900 can sync to GCal you'd be OK. Otherwise I suppose we'll be waiting on Ermining to get ported or tested to see if it works (assuming GPE calendar will work).

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
oh right.. there is Exchange support on Snow Leopard. How does that work out with google backend?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Hi,
Nokia/Maemo noob here.I've been looking around for info on mac and n900 sync for a long time and found nothing. Except this thread...

I'm on mac, my iphone died couple of weeks ago and I REALLY like the N900 and would like to get one soon. Now it seems to me that the lack of sync with mac for email, ical, etc,... is a big no no point.

Is there a way to accomplish this via Ovi desktop?
What about some 3rd party software?
Is there a Nokia roadmap for mac OS X support?
Cheers,
R

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
oh right.. there is Exchange support on Snow Leopard. How does that work out with google backend?
doesnot work at all. from what i found googling evrywhere snow leopard and google are using two different exchange server or method that does not work together. and google sync is not working on my entourage either. for some reason mac and pc doesnot recognize m.google.com exchange server where as windows mobile and iphone does, really weird if you ask me.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Atlanta
I have got a t-mobile G1 and Ive been using Spanning Sync on my Mac to sync up my iCal with google calendar and to sync up Address Book with google contacts. Works like a charm!

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Nokia N900 has official SyncML support out of the box.

Nokia made plugin for iSync. This iSync plugin must be updated to support Nokia N900 and then you're good to go.

Yes, there are no Maemo devices listed which currently work with iSync. There was indeed no iSync support for Nokia 770/N800/N810(WME). However, these devices also did not support SyncML.

FWIW, I use iSync with my Nokia E71 (utilizes SyncML too) and works well.

Originally Posted by ovjo12 View Post
At Maemo Summit I was able sync my new Nokia N900 with my old Nokia E75 and it works perfect.
Nokia E75 has SyncML support out of the box and is supported by Nokia's iSync plugin since 24 july 2009.

Now when I add new contact or a meeting on my Mac or on my N900, what to do? How to keep it in sync?
Device is not released yet. Lets wait and see if Nokia's iSync plugin will be updated.

But what about the Calendar?
It look like N900 don't support import a Ical-file (*.ics)
There is iCalendar support via libical.

...but the iCalendar files OSX its iCal application spews out I could not import on my Nokia E71 either. Maybe try to import a *.ics from a credible source, or export a *.ics from Nokia N900, then try to import it again.

Last edited by allnameswereout; 2009-10-19 at 01:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
You don't need to purchase software to sync Google Calendar with iCal:

http://www.google.com/support/calend...wer=99358#ical

And MFE works great, but keep in mind, you'll only be able to sync one calendar with you N900 with MFE.

Tim

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany, Stuttgart
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
You don't need to purchase software to sync Google Calendar with iCal:

http://www.google.com/support/calend...wer=99358#ical

And MFE works great, but keep in mind, you'll only be able to sync one calendar with you N900 with MFE.

Tim
The problem is, that google did not support to-do / task sync
Read this: http://groups.google.com/group/spann...a75aecef25df40

Calendar and Contacts are supported yet