Now this is a good one,

I have SKY HD at home i have had it for about 2-3 years, about a month ago the box started to fail when recording or pausing live TV on five,fiver and five us and any of the HD channels.

Then 2 day's later i got a random phone call from SKY offering a new HD box with a new feature called anytime+ BUT here is the catch the new feature anytime+ only works if you connect the sky box to a telephone line (which i don't).
They offered me a package with their phone package and they also wanted my old sky HD box in part exchange which i declined, my old sky box is mine i bought it cheap (wink wink) when sky HD 1st came out and later on i put a 500mb hard drive in it for extra storage so i wasn't giving it up nor was i signing up for their sky phone package. So i left it.

3 weeks later my box was still playing up so i rang SKY and managed to get the new SKY box without signing up for their phone package and giving up my old box the only thing i had to do is sign up for 12 months so no problems there.......

HANG ON............here is the strange part

As soon as i agreed to take up this offer (about a week ago) my box has worked flawlessly no problems at all.

So what do i do:-

cancel SKY coming out this week to put in the new box and stick with my old box which has a bigger hard drive in it and not be tied down to a contract

But then will sky send a signal down to my box to activate the issues i had before.

What do you think????

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Hampshire,UK
had same issues some time ago- in the end went over to Virgin.
my dad has had issues with pausing and rewinding live tv since he disconnected the box from the phone line too. He did some reading of the licences which states they can monitor your watching habits !? so is going freesat.

is maxwell big brother?

Originally Posted by rob42 View Post
is maxwell big brother?
Eyes and ears everywhere.

The last time my sky box of any variety was connected to the phone line was within the 1st 12 months when i got sky digital when it was first released. that is all you are contracted to do.When i switched from sky digital to sky hd i bought the box myself and just got the card and box paired up so no phone/contract needed there either.

I am not a paranoid person at all but i do think SKY are very cunning at times.

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

Last edited by Bazza; 2011-05-17 at 16:41.