Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
I reread your post Venomrush:

I plugged my phone into the mains before turning on for the first time, and then let it charge for an hour and then went out for dinner and came back around 5 hours later and plugged it into mains again. My mic IS working fine.

Originally Posted by kalim13 View Post
is this confirmed. i still have to get home and open the box, if this is the case i will start my phone, drain the battery and than charge it.

thanks
Never drain the battery, ever.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Virginia
Mic still broken on mine after full re-install with Software Updater. Was worth a shot..

Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
I reread your post Venomrush:

I plugged my phone into the mains before turning on for the first time, and then let it charge for an hour and then went out for dinner and came back around 5 hours later and plugged it into mains again. My mic IS working fine.
Yours is a US unit using 110v power sockets.

My post was really for EU chaps (UK to be more specific) with 220v power sockets.

Last edited by Venomrush; 2009-11-25 at 16:05.

Originally Posted by bbrindle View Post
Mic still broken on mine after full re-install with Software Updater. Was worth a shot..
Hardware issue it would seem. Thats a bummer. Sorry.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Your is a US unit using 110v power socket.

My post was really for EU chaps with 220v power socket.
Yeah, 110v. Ah well, I'll never let me battery charge down anyway... super paranoid now. I may end up buying a spare battery to have for emergencies.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by maemoexperts View Post
Guys,

Received my N900 this morning (finally) but the microphone is not working ie. The other person on the call can not hear me.

Anyone have a similar problem or heard of this problem before ?? searched, but nothing.

To resolve Ive tried the following without any luck:-

- Flashed standalone
- Flashed NSU
- Call recorder software does not pickup anything up
- Phone works with headphones
- Mute / unmute doesnt do anything

Annoyed or what. Any suggestions ? Thanks
Just to point out- and I know this is VERY tenuous- but I have exactly this problem on my N95 as we speak and it suddenly went down week before last. A firmware update fixed it temporarily but it has gone again- just thought I'd throw that in for no reason.

Edit: and it shold be noted that sometimes its on outgoing calls, sometimes on in- and occasionally it actually works.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i got mine today no problems did a couple of tests over network then tested with voice recorder app from extras

Originally Posted by bbrindle View Post
can you post the output of dmesg in a terminal after a fresh reboot.
It would be interesting to see if the system has some problems loading the driver for the mic.

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Never drain the battery, ever.
Can you qualify that Venonrush? Why would you not ever want to drain the battery? Surely with a battery that only lasts a day will run down completely several times a month by accident.

What good is a phone that you're constantly worried about having its battery drained? I'm confused...

Tags
audio, broken, dead, doa, fail, failure, lack of quality control, mic, microphone, n900, n900 recall, no audio