Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
Originally Posted by penguinbait
I like this quote from. "You can't bring me down", by Suicidal Tendencies ...
I like this quote from Rudy Guiliani:

"Change is not a destination ...and hope is not strategy."

I might be more interested in what Obama stands for, if I knew ...but all I ever hear are 30-second sound clips. I see no substance to his campaign... it's all garnish, with no steak. (and, he seems to change the garnish a lot, as well. )

Last edited by briand; 2008-09-26 at 22:23.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
amazing how a post about a blog can turn into a political fight....sight....i guess that if it isn't Obama, at least i hope McCain can stabilize economy and end stupid wars. It makes americans in general look bad. I know better, but I have heard many comments in that direction.
I can't stan Palin though. I have a heavy dislike on hunters in general. (inner vegetarian speaking)

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Ah I love quotes

John McCain September 15th 2008
"the fundamentals of our economy are strong,"

I became a JP Morgan Chase customer today. Since the bank that held my mortgage failed.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Neato, PB!
Anyone know how to migrate a whole blog to Wordpress and still keep the old URLs, images, etc?

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Also, PB: I like that you included coffee in the graphics, but that mug is not nearly large enough. Any proper cup of coffee has to be at least 1100 pixels wide Other than that, it's perfect

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Coffee?

I thought that was rum and coke!
PLEASE use the Wiki

Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
Neato, PB!
Anyone know how to migrate a whole blog to Wordpress and still keep the old URLs, images, etc?
I been hanging out on #wordpress on freenode latley

You can get there from tablethacker.com
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-09-27 at 02:06.

Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
Coffee?

I thought that was rum and coke!

No silly, its Guinness

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Ah I love quotes
...then you should use the entire thought, not just one phrase taken out of context.

John McCain September 15th 2008
"the fundamentals of our economy are strong,"
The full quote is:

"You know that there's been tremendous turmoil in our financial markets and Wall St. And it is -- people are frightened by these events. Our economy, I think still -- the fundamentals of our economy are strong. But these are very, very difficult times."

Note that he's not saying (as the incomplete quote you offered, above, might infer) that we have a "fundamentally strong economy" here, but rather that the basis (fundamentals) upon which our economy is based, is solid.

When I was in high school, I came home one day to find this 'old jalopy' parked in our driveway. My dad had bought it for $1,250. It didn't look like much, but investigation proved the frame and engine were in very good shape. In other words, the fundamentals were solid... and some restoration work was required to return the vehicle to top condition. We did that work, most of it ourselves, and spent probably another $5,000 in parts and materials (all original, no reproductions), over the course of the next two years. We then spent several years trailering our fully-restored 1932 Ford Model A Sport Coupe all over the Northeast, where it took "Best of Show" or "Best in Class" at nearly every show we entered.

I became a JP Morgan Chase customer today. Since the bank that held my mortgage failed.
I'm sorry if the unsound business practices of your former banking institution caused you any trouble or anxiety. I hope you and your family are in a better situation now.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
No silly, its Guinness

Only you know for sure, but I'd not drink a Guinness that had absolutely no trace of foam remaining. Or rather it would not last that long.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Tags
blog, clone, kde, penguinbait