Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
well, i received my n8 today, just didnt like it over the n900. symbian feels too crap compared to maemo, so i sold it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320603648570

The Following User Says Thank You to IINexusII For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Originally Posted by IINexusII View Post
well, i received my n8 today, just didnt like it over the n900. symbian feels too crap compared to maemo, so i sold it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320603648570
Doesn't the Nokia N8 cost £429 from Nokia online shop (UK)?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/14/nokia-n8-review/

verdict is hardware is awesome, software not so much. cant say im surprised.
The Engadget review is very well written and gives good balanced view on N8. I was very suprised to see 5/10 number though. The text and the number didn't really feel like they were from the same review.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Oh, you made the mistake of assuming that the number means how good a device is, but in fact it just shows how similar ti an idealized iphone the device is Alternatively, you can take it as a "we wanted to say it sucks, but in the it's actually quite ok, so on average, that's a 5/10"

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by kevinp93 View Post
Doesn't the Nokia N8 cost £429 from Nokia online shop (UK)?
yeah and i sold it for £450 abit of profit

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Los Angeles
I own the N97. I trialled the N900 a month ago and have an N8 trial now. The N8 is more impressive.

I am much more likely to buy the N8 than whatever the N9 might be.

The Nokia Blog posted an article on how mismatched the camera interface is: http://thenokiablog.com/2010/10/20/n...face-overhaul/ . The funny thing about it is that Marlo doesn't have any of the defects the author of the post is complaining about. What happened?

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
I only believe in Nokia N8 AND Nokia N900.

Having both to play with, I can tell you that spending a few days with the N8 is the best relationship therapy you can offer yourself and your N900.

There are advantages to the N8:

-battery life is super - hence making this device a well thought combo of functionality and ready to be unleashed multi-media power.
-camera quality is the next level (although no RAW like N900 Fcamera)
-it really does the HD 5.1 playback
-it is a robust design
-it is familiar to Symbianians

But
-the capacitive screen sucks compared to N900's resistive technology (yeah you got multi-touch TM but give up the pinpoint precission to postition your cursor, drawing, your healthy diet because you need meaty fingers)
-text input is troublesome - really. Compare the 2 VKB's and N8 loses significantly
-phone contact list search and management is troublesome.
They force you to "enjoy" even more the hideous VKB input.
-where is the Skype (integration)? No Skype available, let alone integration. (grante ovi store lets you download ... an incompatible version)
-where is the internet radio?
-where is the "upload those great pictures" to your favorite sharing site (a function known for years in Symbinan as "share online") - if you are lucky you have flickr and can send by e-mail, but no more direct upload - Nokia is now good friends with Pixelpipe and co ("there is an App for That" )
-no community to complain about your grieves - you want subtitles for your divx ? Let's see how long that will take

-should I tell you over and over that N900 has the most advanced user interface to date on such a mobile device?

Btw - it was a present to the wife - a real man uses an N900

She has now to cut her nails to be able to type an SMS without on this device.

Last edited by ste-phan; 2010-10-21 at 06:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
The Nokia Blog posted an article on how mismatched the camera interface is: http://thenokiablog.com/2010/10/20/n...face-overhaul/ . The funny thing about it is that Marlo doesn't have any of the defects the author of the post is complaining about. What happened?
Who is Marlo?

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ California
The N8 can't survive a swim in my toilet bowl.... BACK TO THE MANUFACTURER FOR WARRANTY!

Tags
clueless, delusion, funny farm, home of, therapy