Notices

Hi there,

I'm a complete novice with maemo and programming in general.
I bought a n810 recently (big discount) and am trying to get Anki to run:
http://ichi2.net/anki/wiki/Anki%20on%20Maemo

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give me on getting it to install. I've searched over this forum and asked on the Anki forum but no luck.

I have started several times over from scratch with a clean install of updated diablo OS.

Following the instructions at the link above I've installed libanki, ankiqt and anki maemi.

However I can't anything to run.

From reading this thread ( http://forums.internettablettalk.com...0eedf2&t=26125 ) and others I think the problem is I need to install python-gtkhtml2 ? Is that correct?

If so I've struggled to do this, I can't seem to get it to appear in extras-devel

I'm a total novice and have had a go with the command lines in the terminal but I'm probably getting it wrong. If someone could point out exactly what I have to do I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry if these questions are really basic, I'm a total novice. Thanks for any help or advice.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
I'm not able to compile this anki for sfos https://github.com/loljimmo12/sailfish-anki the folder anki is somehow empty, or i made a mistake and just cannot see it...

Could be a broken git submodule.
Have you tried to just put the original anki source in there?
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Oh, that's a good idea, I will try that.

it worked now, but after installation the app only shows a UI Template page and i can select page 2 in pulley menu, that looks like an example for a ui, don't know how to fix this, in the repo it says initial working commit, so i assume it should work

Originally Posted by smatkovi View Post
it worked now, but after installation the app only shows a UI Template page and i can select page 2 in pulley menu, that looks like an example for a ui, don't know how to fix this, in the repo it says initial working commit, so i assume it should work
I think the dev used another definition of "working".

A really quick glance in the source shows that some initial background communictation (something like "get version") with the python anki things seem to work, but it only outputs the response of this one command to command line. I'd say its not useful at that stage. But… apparently "working".
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
I think the dev used another definition of "working".

A really quick glance in the source shows that some initial background communictation (something like "get version") with the python anki things seem to work, but it only outputs the response of this one command to command line. I'd say its not useful at that stage. But… apparently "working".
oh cool, i didn't look into the commandline