I am really news to linux as well as maemo, I just order my N900.

I would like to know a few thing .. i hope it wont take too much space ..

1: how do i install unicode font to N900.
2: I saw thai-language have their install package up to download and install the easy way. How do i create those package for other language ?

3: is it possible to modify language file (if there is any ) ? I want to change user interface from English to Khmer Language ( like on Iphone ) ..

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
i think its pretty hard tbh , i am no expert but feel as though your only real way of getting a language pack that isnt allready included is by nokia including it in feature f/w releases or official packs. it is offcourse possible for a dev to do this for you- but will they..

I know it sound hard that y i am asking here .. i hope someone will take a look . i try to search in forum but i cant seem to find any .. i found a topic about install .ttf file i am not sure that it will help me view website and file in khmer language or not .. i will try in a few day when i get my phone .. but to make it simple and easy to install for other user it will be really nice ... i got a few friends that use N900 would love to be able to do like what i want .. as custom UI it will be hard if they do not come with language file .. or in something like that .. i know for sure that in Iphone we can do it now as there are a few people who make that happen ..