Active Topics

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
@Armand360 Are you checking your space with Conky?

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
anyone else got theme customizer and pleego icons installed without your knowing??? what is going on? I cant remove its icon

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

how to install meego duel bot with maemo ? i cant see option to do it .. sorry for noob question

I did my update with "apt-get upgrade"

It worked fine.
(It stopped because there was not enough memory. But after a restart of the update with "dpkg" everything went fine.)

I had to do anothether "apt-get upgrade" for some special applications.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gerdich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chealyte View Post
how to install meego duel bot with maemo ? i cant see option to do it .. sorry for noob question
sorry, your question clearly states that you are not qualified for using the dual boot option. so you should wait until a developer utilizes the dual boot option and uploads an app using it somewhere so you can install it.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Armand360 View Post
Hey guys i was just wondering; after the update, did the phone permanently delete all of my installed apps? or did it just hide it or something?

and if it did delete all of my apps, which i don't really mind, did it free my installed apps memory? after the update i only had 1.8gb. is that the standard size after the update? i wouldn't want the update to just hide my old apps, and let it build up and waste my installed apps memory space..
yes, apps were permanently deleted. system partition was completely rewritten. (I presume you updated via pc)

so now you have to restore the apps from backup (with HAM) and voila, your custom preferences and settings are still intact.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Here's a weird one.

It appears that I can't add or delete anything but wireless connections in Settings in the Internet Connections area. I have something I called GPRS ipv6 (that's the name I gave the connection) and one called T-Mobile Internet. When I highlight either of them, Delete is grayed out. If I try to add a new connection, I can choose Wireless but not GPRS.

I don't think this was the case before I updated. My connection with the label I created, GPRS ipv6, won't work today. It was working yesterday.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Here's a weird one.

It appears that I can't add or delete anything but wireless connections in Settings in the Internet Connections area. I have something I called GPRS ipv6 (that's the name I gave the connection) and one called T-Mobile Internet. When I highlight either of them, Delete is grayed out. If I try to add a new connection, I can choose Wireless but not GPRS.

I don't think this was the case before I updated. My connection with the label I created, GPRS ipv6, won't work today. It was working yesterday.
I think that was the case even before PR 1.3. Only wireless connections can be added/modified. For other GPRS/3G connections fAPN was used. It still works after 1.3.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Here's a weird one.

install "FAPN" it lets you create and delete access points (but you can only delete the ones you created) so what evers there will still be there

Originally Posted by Ele-Mental View Post
@Armand360 Are you checking your space with Conky?
no, i went to settings and saw my memory there. is the default given installable apps memory 1.8gb?

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
yes, apps were permanently deleted. system partition was completely rewritten. (I presume you updated via pc)

so now you have to restore the apps from backup (with HAM) and voila, your custom preferences and settings are still intact.
ohh okay. so this phone is almost as new ey? okay thanks. i already download all my apps back. wasn't a lot anyway. just thought there were olds apps piling up without me knowing.