Originally Posted by letterb View Post
thx,but if you can port it to smartq 5/7 ,it will be benefited to more people in china.
hi there ,
i am really intrested to download android 1.5 to n800 , can you please put the link (instruction too) .........

will be great help as i am not expert in this,

thnx

dd

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by darshan_ucb View Post
hi there ,
i am really intrested to download android 1.5 to n800 , can you please put the link (instruction too) .........

will be great help as i am not expert in this,

thnx

dd
i'm not sure if it's 1.5, but the link in my sig shows you how to install the latest version available for n8x0 (NITdroid), very easy instructions.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Hi, any updates for NITdroid since March? Is there a new release planned?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oh, this is VERY good news for future Android ports!!

N800/N810 support to mainline kernels

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Is this project dead? Just asking...

I would love to see some updates!

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ooops, I should have posted to the proper thread.

Looks like this project is dead. Just out of curiosity did NITdroid support openGL and if yes, how?

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by waspinator View Post
Looks like this project is dead. Just out of curiosity did NITdroid support openGL and if yes, how?
beta versions had the "dual-fb" | "page flipping frame buffer" whatever and graphics were really fast, but it's now turned off because it caused random crashes.

See this video, how smoothly windows move. page-flippingwhatever thing is turned on, and surprisinly it crahes at the end. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...xCQ&q=nirdroid

in all the later videos, with pageflipping turned off some graphics are jerky

(this does propably ansver your question, i have no idea if the graphics were any faster than in maemo, or if it had opengl)

btw, early versions of Mer had Xorg and software accelerated OpenGL (slow)

Last edited by meizirkki; 2009-08-15 at 12:14.

Hi Everyone,

I have an N800 and I would really love to run Android on it so I can run a certain fab android application... so that the nokia tablet has almost (but not quite) just a singe purpose.

I see there have been no updates since March... this is quitea long time with the rate of Android development. Could someone confirm whether it is possible to get 1.5, 1.6 or even 2.0 running on N8x0s...

Would that be a future release of this project or has the patches developed for this been folded into Android core (I saw a post saying that NITs now support standard kernels!). So I suppose I am asking, is this project live and kicking or has another project taken over for NITs? Is there a guide anywhere for later android on NITs.

thanks

R

Originally Posted by solca View Post
Short story: I didn't know about the other port when I start experimenting and bugging ppl at IRC, here it is the result, there's a lot to do yet, please if you feel motivated learn to use ADB and help with the debugging
Hi,

So I have two questions; what other port of Android to NIT?
and
What is the status of the project? there hasnt seemed to be much chatter in the forums and no updates on the website since March.

thanks

R

Tags
android, nitdroid