Notices

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 603 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by hood View Post
Coz of My noob I think that You can detect needed classes even if You can ran app and look into contents .jar file at least. Sure I wrong. But sources isn't public domain. So if I make some screenshots to guide You trough Russian menu will this be enough for You? Let Me clarify: the application can't gain access to the Internet to check for updates maps and/or a list of cities.
If you look at the names of the classes in the jar file, it looks like they used a code obfuscator like ProGuard, which means even if a decompile would be successful, I would not be able to make sense of the code anyhow.

You can make some screenshots, but I cannot guarantee that I can fix the problem.

Davy

The Following User Says Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DavyP View Post
You can make some screenshots, but I cannot guarantee that I can fix the problem.
Oh well... I think I shouldn't bother You for this anymore. Thank Ya anyway!

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
hey davy...Wanna say you are doing great with all the efforts you putting in to keep the community flame on...Wanna highlight just a few observation with the current bulid...After I did an update to the current build,,,,pending on the jar application I m runnin like 2go messenger,when using the live edit. letter 't' functions as backspace while others run perfectly and in ucbrowser...,when trying to download and you get to the prompt where you choose a file path, on selecting the browse option, nothing is displayed...just a blank slate...whereas options to save should display.....just felt you should know about this...Every oda thing runs great....More strength to your elbow..thanks..

What is the best way to install latest release? Is version presented in the 1st post actual, or "thread crawling" is needed to find the latest?

I would like to finally get my hands on it - I've been using microEmulator up to this date
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
What is the best way to install latest release? Is version presented in the 1st post actual, or "thread crawling" is needed to find the latest?

I would like to finally get my hands on it - I've been using microEmulator up to this date
install the first build from here : http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/n900/deb/

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Go here: http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/maemo/deb/
Packages have dates in thier name

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Firs results - it's really awesome, finally I'm able to use java program for paying public communication in my city. It was never ever damn possible with microemu.

Here comes small question - sorry if it was covered before, but I don't remember it nor search gave me any results:

In "dumb phones" with java support, there was an option to "ask everytime" if application is allowed to send/receive data (over gprs, for example). It was extremely useful for programs, that got stupid restriction - for example, mentioned public transport payment program was closing itself after ~30 seconds, as miserable way of "preventing" people from just sitting with program open and hitting "yes" to "buy ticket?" prompt, when ticket control arrive. To make things worse, next starting of application was delayed to ~3 min of starting time.

As result, due to slow gprs connection or whatsnot, many times it wasn't enough time to pay for ticket. But, thanks to "allow connection" prompt, one was able to "sit" at this prompt - application was kinda "paused" in meantime - time counter started to work again only after answering.

Is it possible to simulate such mechanism in phoneME?

/Estel

// Edit

Maybe just pausing midlet, when phoneME is not in focus, i.e. when browsing taskbar/doing other things on phone? It would be enough, I suppose, and could be usefull in many other cases as well (pausing java games when doing something else etc)

// Edit 2
Small glitch in .desktop files for OperaMini and similar - field "version" should always be "1.0", as it's indicating version of .desktop file format, *no* version on program itself. It seems, that Hildon doesn't care anyway, so it's really minor glitch.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-05-12 at 21:41.

Maybe not a proper solution but it should work:
Use killall -STOP and killall -CONT with the phoneme process
Maybe a script to automate it depending of the focus of phoneme window, but that would be a rather inefficient way to do it, I agree that this feature should be a option of phoneme

The Following User Says Thank You to Megaltariak For This Useful Post:
After consideration, I think that pausing while window not in focus is best solution, if doable. We need to wait for Davy's answer

Anyway, thank for this workaround. Another one I discovered is to
1. disable any connection (wifi, gprs)
2. try something that require it - network error popup will appear, that actually pauses program
3. Enable network again, without clicking OK @ error window
4. Wait until it's needed, program is paused and won't timeout.

Of course, Your solution is much better, and auto-pausing of phoneME would be "heaven"
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 603 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Go here: http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/maemo/deb/
Packages have dates in thier name
Just to clarify:

This is the main download website with "stable" builds:
http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/?q=node/10#maemo

This is the website where I upload all my builds for testing by the
community, including "unstable" ones:

http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/maemo/deb/

On this page, you also find older builds which could be useful to
identify between which two builds a new bug appeared.

Cheers,
Davy

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post: