Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Germany
Hey!
My N900 just resurrected after several months (through the help of a replacement screen). So I might have missed a lot in the meantime. I was going to install CSSU and in preparation use backupmenu. I installed via

Code:
apt-get install backupmenu
There was some message regarding i2c and possible damage during the installation. Besides that all went fine (I think). If I boot with the keyboard open the backupmenu-boot screen comes up. However, if I select the backup option, there is a message similar to
Code:
udev
then the screen goes blank/the phone shuts down. Any hints what I am missing ?

Thanks a lot and nice to be back !
velolala

can this app be ported to work with n9/n950?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by velolala View Post
Hey!
My N900 just resurrected after several months (through the help of a replacement screen). So I might have missed a lot in the meantime. I was going to install CSSU and in preparation use backupmenu. I installed via

Code:
There was some message regarding i2c and possible damage during the installation. Besides that all went fine (I think). If I boot with the keyboard open the backupmenu-boot screen comes up. However, if I select the backup option, there is a message similar to
Code:
udev
then the screen goes blank/the phone shuts down. Any hints what I am missing ?

Thanks a lot and nice to be back !
velolala
There seems to be an error during installation. You might try to look at the state of the package managment system from X-Terminal application.
Code:
sudo gainroot
dpkg --configure -a
apt-get install -f
If this does not change anything package-wise, i would suggest to remove backupmenu and install it freshly with some update as well. Try
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get purge backupmenu
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install -f

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
There seems to be an error during installation. You might try to look at the state of the package managment system from X-Terminal application.
Code:
sudo gainroot
dpkg --configure -a
apt-get install -f
That didn't do much, however it made me find out about a 'Provides-line' problem with binutils that you responded to elsewhere.

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
If this does not change anything package-wise, i would suggest to remove backupmenu and install it freshly with some update as well. Try
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get purge backupmenu
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install -f
Well, somewhere along these lines 'apt' finally did the job. Now backup is running. I'm looking forward to dive into CSSU

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Please excuse me <snip> possible on N950/N9
Unfortunately, Aegis & implementation of "AMD Trusted 'Trust my ***' Computing (tm)" made it quite impossible (even with open kernel). This, and many other useful things. Say "hi" to people responsible for bringing this sh|t to Harmattan
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
Originally Posted by karlitos View Post
I can not download the file. Can anybody upload it again ? Or send me to e-mail ? thx in advance
I have uploaded it to : http://speedy.sh/YytGG/backupmenu-uboot.zip

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fabry For This Useful Post:
So, I've gotten myself yet another N900 - and restoring optfs+rootfs off another N900 leaves a bootable yet broken clone.

Applications do not open, services set to boot will crash when starting up.

I ensured this was using a v1.20 <-> v1.20 images. Any idea what would cause this? Both tarballs are restored with no errors.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Stockholm, SW
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Applications do not open, services set to boot will crash when starting up.
..could it be, that you made the backups with KP, and are restoring it without KP or different KP configurations..? I had a similar problem once.
..give it a thought.

My devicevolution: Seimens C2, Nokia 6600, Nokia 3230 (red & then black), Nokia 6630 ME, Nokia N73, Nokia N900

Both are running custom kernels, both show it in uname.

I'll reload the kernel from flasher and see what happens.

I just finished optifying the following folders:
/usr/lib/locale
/usr/share

i have these folders now as links to a path in my opt partition and i have 45mb! of free space of root now

The device boots normally, however, in the multiboot menu when i try to run backupmenu, i get a black screen and it just reboots again.

how can i override this?

[Edit]
it seems that /usr/share caused another issue with the device's sound - it stopped working so i returned this folder to be root. i'm not sure what was the reason for this behavior, but now all is back to normal (30mb available).
Attached Images

Last edited by impeham; 2012-09-15 at 12:37.

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system